Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify takes for ever to play songs (just the annyoing green circle which rotates..)

Spotify takes for ever to play songs (just the annyoing green circle which rotates..)

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

OnePlus Nord

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Since the recent update (dec.17-ish) my spotify wont't play any songs. It can't even search for songs, the only thing that shows up is the green circle which rotates infinately (I've let it sit for about five minutes with nothing happening) Doen't matter if I use wifi or 4G. This has never happened before - and is extremely annyoing, as spotify is my go-to-app for music. 

Any ideas what I can do? I've tried logging in and out , restarting my phone, but that hasn't worked....

Andreas

1 Reply

Hey @Riemann

Help’s here!

First up, make sure you run a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your Android device. This will get you the latest app version with all necessary updates. 

If this persists, check if any power saving or data cleaning settings are enabled on your device. You can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being enabled. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this.

Suggested posts