Spotify takes forever to load and stops

Spotify takes forever to load and stops

Blueberrybatwom
Casual Listener

Hey guys,

I've been having problems with my phone app lately and frankly I don't know what to do anymore 😞

On either on or offline mode my Spotify app takes forever to turn from the dark gray background to for instance my Playlist interface. Even in offline mode the app takes a lot of time to "load" a song. Sometimes it pauses the rendition several times during a song or after two or three songs. 

I've tried reinstalling it, clearing the cache, restarting my phone etc. As I'm paying for Spotify premium I find it quite disappointing to not be able to rely on the app 😕 From time to time it helps to close the app and clear the cache, but it's not fixed in the long run. 

Hope someone can help me fix it, as I miss my playlists not being remixed by lags :///

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Newest Android update

3 Replies

Jᴀᴄᴋ
Community Legend

Hey @Blueberrybatwom thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community

I would actually recommend doing a clean reinstall on your device. It might also be beneficial if you can restart your device, although it sounds simple, it can help from time to time.

Finally, if none of those work try clearing your cache and data by following these steps:

Step 1: Head to the Settings menu.
Step 2: Find Apps (or Applications, depending on your device) in the menu, then locate the app that you want to clear the cache or data for.
Step 3: Tap on Storage and the buttons for clearing the cache and app data will become available.

Here is a video to help with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PeUOLLk0s

Let me know how it goes,

Jack 🙂

Robert_lecomber
Visitor

Sorry but this seems to be a on going problem since two days ago for me and I have followed all steps above and it has not helped quite frankly I'm disgusted a piece of software I pay money for on a monthly basis is now faulty I might at this point cancel my subscription 

hobbestherat
Visitor

I needed to do this every single time I used the app for the last 3 weeks or so. With today's update it doesn't help anymore. 

SUGGESTED POSTS