Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify the unit is not compatible with this version The app store

Solved!

Spotify the unit is not compatible with this version The app store

My Android phone model: HTC Gratia A6380 doesnt seem too work with spotify Is there any way too get this fixed so I can have spotify

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I believe you're facing this problem because your phone's processor is no longer supported by the app. There's no workaround for this because, even if you installed the app by sideloading the installation file, it simply wouldn't run.

The HTC Gratia uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM7227 processor. This processor uses the ARMv6 architecture, which is no longer supported on the newer version of the Spotify app.

HTC Gratia specs on GSMArena

Qualcomm MSM7227 Processor specs

Spotify's Announcement about ARMv5 and ARMv6 processors can be found here

Edit: Corrected a typo

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there @xraykivin ! Sorry to hear that you're having trouble here!

Is that the message you are getting from the play store when trying to download? 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Yea I cant even press the download button It just says "This unit is not compatible with this version"

Marked as solution

I believe you're facing this problem because your phone's processor is no longer supported by the app. There's no workaround for this because, even if you installed the app by sideloading the installation file, it simply wouldn't run.

The HTC Gratia uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM7227 processor. This processor uses the ARMv6 architecture, which is no longer supported on the newer version of the Spotify app.

HTC Gratia specs on GSMArena

Qualcomm MSM7227 Processor specs

Spotify's Announcement about ARMv5 and ARMv6 processors can be found here

Edit: Corrected a typo

Suggested posts