Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20/S21

Operating System

Android 10/11

My Question or Issue

For some time now, spotify has been turning on by itself on the Samusng galaxy s20 and later also in the s21 (I switched to s21 - I made a copy of the phone). It happens very accidentally when running various applications. The music starts playing immediately after it is turned on. It often happens spontaneously at night at 4.30 :(. I don't know what to do. Did anyone have a similar problem? Of course, I installed the application from scratch, deleted all settings, etc. Continue without changes.

47 Replies

I just saw that Polar is currently rolling out an update of their Polar Flow app for Android where they have addressed the autoplay issuer with Spotify. I have tested it on my Pixel 5 and have reactivated the Music Control and Notification services and the issue seems to have been solved.

Disabling the notification permissions for Polar Flow worked door me as well. 

Thank you and regards.

This is happening to me. It just started today. I have never even heard of Power Flow, let alone have it on my phone. The only other thing I found that had sound permissions was my Roku app. And if I turn that off, then I can't use the phone for private listening. So unless someone has found out more, I am stuck.

When you have to work at and research a problem that is being caused by app A and eventually determine that you have to acquire app B in order to prevent app A from randomly launching itself......it's time to divest yourself of app A.

I never found the performance of Spotify so compelling that it was worth putting up with its quirkiness, particularly with the advent of numerous, other, better-behaved music sources.

I'd listen to AM radio before putting up with**bleep** Spotify put me through.

I dumped the app.

Unfortunately I have neither of these applications and still experiencing this issue where my alarm will blare out 7am every morning. I have tried all of the above solutions but to no success. 

How does tidal compare to Spotify ?  

Having the same problem with my S21 FE. Spotify will start playing at random times, and it's music that I don't recognize, nothing in my playlists. I always have my Bluetooth headset on and connected.  There are no alarms or notifications going off, and I don't have Polar Flow installed. I can't even stop it by hitting "close all" on my apps, I actually have to open the Spotify app to pause the music. A few minutes later, it will start playing again.

thanks. It helped. It really was part of my sleeping routines in Samsung. I deleted this routine at all and now the spotifuggle doesn't turn itself on every day.

Thanks a lot. It derived me crazy almost 3-4 years.

That did not fix the issue.

Suggested posts