Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify uses up nearly 100GB according to my phones settings but the app says it's 45GB how do I fix

Spotify uses up nearly 100GB according to my phones settings but the app says it's 45GB how do I fix

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

OnePlus 8 pro

Operating System

latest android

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I was checking my Phones storage to see how things are going and discover Spotify uses up nearly 100GB of it. Admittedly I have a lot of music saved but not nearly enough to warrant that much. Besides if that were the case Spotify wouldn'tve been able to exist on my old Phone that didn't have 100GB so I doubt that number is correct.

I went to clear my Cache on Spotify in hopes it's a simple bug and see that Spotify gives me an entirely different number, only 45GB.

Well, one of them has to be lying to me and i rather doubt it's my phone but who knows that's why I'm here.

Seeing how Spotify doesn't share with me that it's hoarding 50GB in undisclosed data I am getting worried about what that data could be.

I've also checked my phone for male trough malewarebytes just in case but it came out clean. 

What steps can I take to either uncover what those 50GB are and get rid of them or to solely get rid of them because 100GB for ~3K HQ saved songs is way over the top and i need the space.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20220209-004712.jpg

Screenshot_20220209-010343.jpg

1 Reply

Hey @pinestea, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Have you tried clearing the cache and see if things return to normal?

Could you can navigate to your phones Settings app and go to Storage then clear cache system wide? That way it should force a recalculation of storage used.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

Suggested posts