Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify will only play a song for a minute and fifty seconds before skipping to another track.

Spotify will only play a song for a minute and fifty seconds before skipping to another track.

Plan

Premium

Country

Us

Device

LG G7 ThinQ

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Spotify will only play a song for a minute and fifty seconds before skipping to another track. How do I fix it? I've tried logging out, deleting the app, clearing storage.

1 Reply

Hey there @kenziebear597

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

If the Spotify app keeps on skipping to another track when the current one hasn't finished it's a good idea to try a clean reinstall of the app on your mobile device. This will make sure any corrupted files that might be causing this will get removed. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts. 

In case the clean reinstall doesn't help, try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Alternatively, you can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being enabled. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions. 

Suggested posts