Spotify won't play entire song only a preview

Plan

Free

Country

New Zealand

Operating System

Samsung S7 Edge and Samsung S9+

My Question or Issue

When we try to play a song, it will only play a preview of it, even though it's downloaded. It seems to work on shuffle though. 

21 Replies

Hey!

Welcome to the Spotify community!

Free users cannot play specific songs. Therefore talking on them will just start a short preview.

To listen to full songs without shuffle, consider to update to Premium. Currently you can get the first three month for just 0.99€: https://www.spotify.com/premium

Feel free to reach back to me in case you have another question!

Keep rocking 🙂

Thank you

why the **bleep** do I have to pay to choose what I want to listen to? I don't care if its $1 its **bleep**ing stupid, on my tablet I can view my Playlist and play the full song. why is my phone different? **bleep** YOU SPOTIFY.

Hey there @gatorgaming,

Thank you for your post.

As a free listener you can listen to music through the desktop app or web player without being a Premium user.

Note: You'll still be receiving commercials on those platforms as a free user. 

You can have a look at the differences of being on our free version vs being a Premium user here.

Hope this was helpful. We're always one reply away if you have any further questions.

Cheers!

Hi,

My Spotify was working fine yesterday. using browser and not in premium. today, it's just playing a preview of the songs in my album 😞

Hey @4nThRax,

Welcome to the Community!

Could you tell us a bit more about what happened. On the web player you should be able to click and play full songs and skip songs without a limit. Can you send us the link/URI to a song that you cannot play entirely?

Also do you get only song previews when using the mobile app or can you hear full songs from your playlists or other playlists in shuffle more?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am a premium spotify subscriber and I am sick of just getting snatches of music when I walk and spotlfy is offline. I think I will go back to free.

Hey @Delilah48,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Don't worry. Help is here 🙂

We'd suggest you restart your device and then to log out and log back in again. If that doesn't help, you can give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. By doing that can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

Does this happen on another device? That way we can check if it's a device-related issue.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

Just switch to SoundCloud that’s what I did you can get a app called Soundy if you are on mobile and adjust the eq and get rid of ads for free Spotify **bleep** I can listen on everything but my phone **bleep** it

Thanks for that tip. I always appreciate help. 🎼

Hey there @Delilah48,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you let us know if everything works as it should for you or if you're still experience the same issue?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Ciao, thank you, the song preview is just too short if I want to know if it is the song I’m looking for. Can it be a little bit longer? The preview in Apple App much longer, may be too long😁
Full preview of the playlist would be appreciated (iPhone iOS, free account… waiting for HiFi😉)
Pls. show me where I can ask for such feature, which may be somebody else requested.

Hi there @terry64,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

If you think your suggestion will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

That's the same as me like it just won't work

What did u do 2 get it 2 work 

I have this problem too does anyone know how

to fix this?31sqtyvgdfwwzsfd4osh3l3df6la 

Hi there @__greenshep,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if this is happening in any playlist/ album or only in a certain playlist?

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator

What's annoying is that on my iPad, it worked fine without premium, I switched to phone and randomly the same issue happened.

Hey @Thebwos,

Thanks for the reply.

The app on the iPad behaves differently with a free account than the app on a phone with a free account. This is so by design.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Suggested posts