Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't share release notes; what are they hiding?

Spotify won't share release notes; what are they hiding?

I noticed that Spotify stopped sharing Release Notes for the iOS app.
Instead, every update simply reads "We're always making improvements to Spotify..." etc etc.

I wanted to know what changed so I emailed customer service, but they have proven unwilling to share these details.

Surely as paying customers we have a right to know what software is being installed on our devices.  The latest update could be bitcoin mining, identity theft malware, or forced facebook integration (again), or literally anything.

Spotify's steadfast unwillingness to share this information could indicate that they are hiding something.

Here's the latest email I received from Spotify Support after threatening to cancel my subscription over this:

Spoiler

Hi annikkexe,

Thanks for keeping in touch. 

Sincere apologies, we really don't post or share release notes anymore since features are rolled out and changed/improved often. Please refer to release notes in the app store. We're afraid, we don't provide more than that.

Rest assured that we care deeply about the safety of your personal data and will never incorporate any software with our releases that'll potentially damage devices or steal information.

You can trust we take your feedback seriously and will forward this onto the right folks here at Spotify. Hopefully, release notes will come back in the future.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can help with anything else.

Have a lovely day,

Marlon

"The only truth is music" - Jack Kerouac

Spotify Customer Support

1 Reply

Hi @annikkexe,

Thanks for posting your concerns to the Community! Since you're interested in bringing back the update changelog, I suggest you check out this idea over at the Community Ideas Exchange! 🙂

Cheers,

Tim

Suggested posts