Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

premium issues on android

hi, i installed spotify on my g7 edge and upgraded to premium but it still says"free account - go premium" when i installed it on my pc it says "spotify premium" and it also says that when i check the sub info when logging in to check acc settings.wh...

• hi, i installed spotify on my g7 edge and upgraded to premium but it still says "free account - go premium" when i installed it on my pc it says "spotify premium" and it also says that when i chec...
  • Digby1998
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Only 10GB available on SDCard Storage

HI I am using Samsung Galaxy S8+ with a 64GB memory sdcard.on the Storage of the Spotify. it only show available 10GB available but the Total show the correct capacity of 59.5GB after format my sdcard have over 49GB of free storage... please help...i...

• Casual Listener
  • HI I am using Samsung Galaxy S8+ with a 64GB memory sdcard. on the Storage of the Spotify.  it only show available 10GB available but the Total show the correct capacity of 59.5GB after format...
  • nicekit
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

notificacion desaparece

Buen día, tengo un detalle con el panel de notificacion cuando dejo de reporducir la musica por unos minutos, el panel de la musica desaparece y tengo que volver abrir la aplicacion para poder reproducir, en vez de solo desplazar la barra de notifica...

• Buen día, tengo un detalle con el panel de notificacion cuando dejo de reporducir la musica por unos minutos, el panel de la musica desaparece y tengo que volver abrir la aplicacion para poder reprod...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

[Android] Playlist update notifications not turning off

For the latest version of premium Spotify on Android on my Galaxy S8 I am having issues with unwanted push notifications. In settings within the app I have gone to the notifications menu and turned off push and email notifications for every option av...

• For the latest version of premium Spotify on Android on my Galaxy S8 I am having issues with unwanted push notifications. In settings within the app I have gone to the notifications menu and turned o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't play, my playlists on android

This might be a stupid question, but on Android, there's no play button on the playlists. Whenever I press shuffle play, it just shows other tracks from the first artist on that playlist. It never plays the songs on that playlist. On PC, there is a p...

• Casual Listener
  • This might be a stupid question, but on Android, there's no play button on the playlists. Whenever I press shuffle play, it just shows other tracks from the first artist on that playlist. It nev...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

not playing all the music in my playlist

I have the problem that a lot of music can't be played on my android. It is all random numbers that can't play and I've downloaded them all.I have premium and already deleted and installed Spotify again but then nothing changed. Can someone help me?

• I have the problem that a lot of music can't be played on my android.  It is all random numbers that can't play and I've downloaded them all. I have premium and already deleted and installed S...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[ANDROID] I cannot play certain song on spotify on ny mobile

Hi everyone, it's been a few days since I cannot play certain sings like Frank ocean's albums, I click on the song but nothing happens, If i am playing another song that song suddenly stops, I have tried removing the app and installing it again but n...

• Hi everyone, it's been a few days since I cannot play certain sings like Frank ocean's albums, I click on the song but nothing happens, If i am playing another song that song suddenly stops, I have t...
  • NelioJ23
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Sound is way too low with Spotify on Android connected to Uconnect Bluetooth

Hello, I have been having this problem ever since I signed up for Spotify. No matter what I try I have to turn the volume up to the highest to hear my sounds in my vehicle. I just purchased a new phone a few weeks ago and installed Spotify. I connect...

• Hello,   I have been having this problem ever since I signed up for Spotify.  No matter what I try I have to turn the volume up to the highest to hear my sounds in my vehicle.  I jus...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Place of SD card on Android

Hello. I do not know on the phone. My smartphone is not the best, I'm a premium user. I would like to know how much memory the application occupies if it has the maximum number of tracks? And do they occupy a lot of space? Please help me

• Hello. I do not know on the phone. My smartphone is not the best, I'm a premium user. I would like to know how much memory the application occupies if it has the maximum number of tracks? And do they...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify uses mobile data even though it is disabled?!

Hi, Ive got a Problem with my Spotify app on Android. It downloads offline Songs via mobile data even though i disabled that in the settings. Nearly killed all my mobile traffic... Anyone got an idea why that happens? Thank you!

• Hi,   Ive got a Problem with my Spotify app on Android. It downloads offline Songs via mobile data even though i disabled that in the settings. Nearly killed all my mobile traffic... Anyone go...
  • frap_gadz
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Bug or coincident?

It was yesterday, 8. October.2017 at around 21.00 I had a new ablum ("Thank You" from Meghan Trainor) added at around 11.00 in my B.E.A.M.E.R Playlist (164 songs). Then I started it ~21.00 and the playlist was in shuffle mode. But all of the Meghan T...

• Regular
  • It was yesterday, 8. October.2017 at around 21.00   I had a new ablum ("Thank You" from Meghan Trainor) added at around 11.00 in my B.E.A.M.E.R Playlist (164 songs). Then I started it ~21.00 a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App downloading over mobile when "Download using cellular" is off.

I have an issue with the Spotify app for android whereby the songs in my offline playlists are being synced using mobile data despite the "Download using cellular" option being off. What I believe is happening is that the app begins the download over...

• Regular
  • I have an issue with the Spotify app for android whereby the songs in my offline playlists are being synced using mobile data despite the "Download using cellular" option being off.   Wha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't download songs or playlists on wifi, only cellular.

Hello. I haven't had any issues using spotify previously but starting today, I do. On my mobile device (Glalaxy S8), I enable the download toggle for my song library so that I may listen to my music offline. However, all this seems to do is create a ...

• Hello. I haven't had any issues using spotify previously but starting today, I do. On my mobile device (Glalaxy S8), I enable the download toggle for my song library so that I may listen to my music ...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Rewind/Fast forward with Android Auto

Is there a way to fast forward or rewind in Android Auto? I missed part of a song because it was still playing while a text message was read and I tried to rewind it by holding down the previous button. Instead of rewinding, it just went back a few s...

• Roadie
  • Is there a way to fast forward or rewind in Android Auto? I missed part of a song because it was still playing while a text message was read and I tried to rewind it by holding down the previous butt...
  • Xenzu
  • 7 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 14 likes

Não consigo acessar a opção de armazenamento em micro sd

Tenho um plano familiar do Spotify e até recentemente conseguia usar o meu cartão micro SD com 128gb para armazenar as músicas. Ontem recebi a notificação de que não havia espaço em disco. Então percebi que a opção armazenamento em micro SD havia sum...

• Tenho um plano familiar do Spotify e até recentemente conseguia usar o meu cartão  micro SD com 128gb para armazenar as músicas. Ontem recebi a notificação de que não havia espaço em disco. Entã...
  • Jkjoao
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Will not play songs on my playlist

I am on a Galaxy S7, but when I press "Shuffle Play", Spotify picks a song that are not on my playlist. I can be sure of this because it is a 7 song playlist. I can turn off shuffle, but it is still a freaking pain in the a*s! Why can we not just pic...

• Visitor
  • I am on a Galaxy S7, but when I press "Shuffle Play", Spotify picks a song that are not on my playlist.  I can be sure of this because it is a 7 song playlist.  I can turn off shuffle, but ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to login. Spotify was set offline in cell phone.

For some reason my cell phone got disconnected from Spotify last night. Now when I try to log in it tells me that, since it was set to work offline before that, it is unable to log in, that I should connect to the internet. My cellphone is online but...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason my cell phone got disconnected from Spotify last night. Now when I try to log in it tells me that, since it was set to work offline before that, it is unable to log in, that I should ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops in background!!!!

Hey guys, so im listening to spotify and then I want to go on another app (like Clash Royale) and then spotify just stops!!!! Its so frustrating. I have premium, with my Galaxy S6 Edge, Android 6.1

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, so im listening to spotify and then I want to go on another app (like Clash Royale) and then spotify just stops!!!! Its so frustrating. I have premium, with my Galaxy S6 Edge, Android 6.1
  • Digo001
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Can't find any of my playlists after refreshing premium subscription

I got a new phone and had to re pay for my premium spotify. I've tried logging back in with fb and regularly and my old playlists from when before I had premium like a year ago is all thats showing up

• I got a new phone and had to re pay for my premium spotify. I've tried logging back in with fb and regularly and my old playlists from when before I had premium like a year ago is all thats showing up
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album artwork missing for local files

I've recently downloaded 4 songs from Soundcloud and transferred them to Spotify. The album artwork shows up on the desktop version of Spotify but the album artwork is missing on my Galaxy S6. What is the solution to my problem?

• I've recently downloaded 4 songs from Soundcloud and transferred them to Spotify.  The album artwork shows up on the desktop version of Spotify but the album artwork is missing on...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes