Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming with android chromecast gets interrupted constantly.

Lately it is impossible to listen to music using Spotify app-android and chromecast without interruptions; the soundstops every few minutes to re-start again a bit later. This didn't happen before. I have a Samsung edge and google home app installed....

• Lately it is impossible to listen to music using Spotify app-android and chromecast without interruptions; the soundstops every few minutes to re-start again a bit later. This didn't happen before. I...
  • amalma
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Downloaded songs disappear

Hello, I have about 5 versions of the downloaded songs of my playlists on my phone, but the app keeps loosing the songs, I have filled up a 64GB SD chip redownloading, and redownloading, How do I get the app to recoginize the downloaded songs? Seriou...

• Roadie
  • Hello, I have about 5 versions of the downloaded songs of my playlists on my phone, but the app keeps loosing the songs, I have filled up a 64GB SD chip redownloading, and redownloading, How do I get...
  • A-Neil
  • 22 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 3 likes

FIRE THE DEVELOPER TEAM, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE

Ok, here's the deal... Ever since somewhere in june the Android Spotify app has turned to utter GARBAGE. On my case, it all started with an update, when, on my Galaxy S7 Edge - Android Marshmallow, the app made some crackling noises during songs. Sin...

• Regular
  • Ok, here's the deal...   Ever since somewhere in june the Android Spotify app has turned to utter GARBAGE.   On my case, it all started with an update, when, on my Galaxy S7 Edge - Andr...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • crackling
    disappear
    Issues
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Play music from android device or onecloud

Hi,Is there a way to add tracks saved on my phone or one drive to a playlist via the android app like you can on Google play music?At the moment I have to add a playlist via the Windows desktop player, then access it in the app.Thanks

• Hi, Is there a way to add tracks saved on my phone or one drive to a playlist via the android app like you can on Google play music? At the moment I have to add a playlist via the Windows desktop...
  • chickendippers
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

No skips available

, lately I'm sign into Spotify and I'm not able to skip any songs which is weird I want to know maybe if you had a solution for me or why you would be doing this something wrong let me know if you can help thanks

• Casual Listener
  • , lately I'm sign into Spotify and I'm not able to skip any songs which is weird I want to know maybe if you had a solution for me or why you would be doing this something wrong let me know if you ca...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is not working right

i have a real issue with spotify not working right. sometimes it does not load or takes a long time. other times it just shuts down for no reason. All the members of my plan have the same issues on their phones. we have tried everything from re-insta...

• Casual Listener
  • i have a real issue with spotify not working right.  sometimes it does not load or takes a long time.  other times it just shuts down for no reason.  All the members of my plan have th...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify ad forces you to 'click here' to open browser to play ad

I've been getting an ad during my playlists that's just a black screen with a 'click here' button. Only when I actually click it does it go on to an ad for a "Game of Thrones" mobile game. This is annyoing because it happens when I'm driving or at th...

• I've been getting an ad during my playlists that's just a black screen with a 'click here' button. Only when I actually click it does it go on to an ad for a "Game of Thrones" mobile game. This is an...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

not getting spotify controls on lock screen

i am using android 7 and for some reason i dont see the controls on the lock screen i.e. to move next,previous pause thing. for other apps it works fine. i have given all permissions as well. Any one faced this?

• Casual Listener
  • i am using android 7 and for some reason i dont see the controls on the lock screen i.e. to move next,previous pause thing.  for other apps it works fine. i have given all permissions as well. ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't start my Songs?

All the songs in my Playlist are grey and i cant start to play them! Normaly they are white!? And this songs are actually Charts and famous songs. Wat is wrong? Please helps me.

• Casual Listener
  • All the songs in my Playlist are grey and i cant start to play them! Normaly they are white!? And this songs are actually Charts and famous songs. Wat is wrong? Please helps me.
  • Azerisblij
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify in South Africa on a Dutch device

Dear Spotify, I am a Dutch women (with a premium spotify account), who currently lives in South Africa. My phone got recently stolen and I have (luckily) now a new one. It is a Dutch registered device (Android system) and would really love to use my ...

• Dear Spotify,   I am a Dutch women (with a premium spotify account), who currently lives in South Africa. My phone got recently stolen and I have (luckily) now a new one. It is a Dutch registe...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not finding my samsung tv with spotify connect

I've tried several solutions now for some time, but figured I'd really give it a go now to try to fix this once and for all. With the removal of the spotify app from the samsung smart hub, spotify tells me to simply use spotify connect. If only. I ha...

• I've tried several solutions now for some time, but figured I'd really give it a go now to try to fix this once and for all.    With the removal of the spotify app from the samsung smart ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Músicas baixadas somem depois de atualizar

Toda vez que o spotify atualiza no meu celular, todas as músicas que já baixei, desaparecem e sou obrigado a baixar todas novamente. Isso está ficando chato, pois consome muito tempo, e toda vez que vou utilizar estou sem as músicas offline.As música...

• Toda vez que o spotify atualiza no meu celular, todas as músicas que já baixei, desaparecem e sou obrigado a baixar todas novamente. Isso está ficando chato, pois consome muito tempo, e toda vez que ...
  • Geremy
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes

App doesn't recognize chromecast

The android app hasn't been recognizing chromecast. I restart the app, reboot the chromecast, and it still doesn't work. I've got it working once after doing a combination of rebooting, unplugging chomecast. Is this a Spotify or Google problem? This ...

• Casual Listener
  • The android app hasn't been recognizing chromecast. I restart the app, reboot the chromecast, and it still doesn't work. I've got it working once after doing a combination of rebooting, unplugging ch...
  • thompouce
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

shift in played number

Hello, There seems to be a shift in the played number when I remove a number from the playlist/library. Also the album pictures dissappear from the interface.This bug appears both at the ps3(XMB) and the samsung tv (smarthub, I think Android)Greeting...

• Casual Listener
  •  Hello,   There seems to be a shift in the played number when I remove a number from the playlist/library. Also the album pictures dissappear from the interface. This bug appears both ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Program erroe

Hello, There seems to be a crucial program crash when starting with playing/editing numbers at the tab 'your music'. At example, when removing a number from the playlist or the library, the following selected numbers will cause a shift of 1 or more i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   There seems to be a crucial program crash when starting with playing/editing numbers at the tab 'your music'. At example, when removing a number from the playlist or the lib...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Car AUX connectivity issue

I've seen similar posts to this pop up but none of which have actually solved my issue. I have a Sony Xperia Z. When I connect my AUX cable to my phone to play Spotify in my car nothing happens. I've tried the following: Uninstall/reinstall the appCl...

• I've seen similar posts to this pop up but none of which have actually solved my issue.   I have a Sony Xperia Z.  When I connect my AUX cable to my phone to play Spotify in my car nothin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not loading

Hi guy's the Spotify app isn't loading the pages on my s8+ when I'm connected via the Wi-Fi although my computer on the same network is fine. When I switch to 3g it works fine. What do you think the problem could be?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guy's the Spotify app isn't loading the pages on my s8+ when I'm connected via the Wi-Fi although my computer on the same network is fine. When I switch to 3g it works fine. What do you think the ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems whit music

When i play my music after a few songs the music stop, and i don't know why.

• When i play my music after a few songs the music stop, and i don't know why.
  • RNRRT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

MUSIC PROBLEMS! HELP!

Hello everyone!I certainly hope someone can help me. I have a lot of music on my Spotify which I listen to on my computer, on my smartphone and I cast from my smartphone to my tv. This music is offered by Spotify, it is not something I downloaded. So...

• Roadie
  • Hello everyone! I certainly hope someone can help me.  I have a lot of music on my Spotify which I listen to on my computer, on my smartphone and I cast from my smartphone to my tv.  This ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes