Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android App: Transmit Track Info via Bluetooth (A2DP/AVRCP 1.3)

Solved!

Android App: Transmit Track Info via Bluetooth (A2DP/AVRCP 1.3)

So i have Spotify on my AVR, PC, Android Mobile, but not in my car. Not a big problem, just connect the phone via bluetooth.

Works like a charm, the only downside, the Song/Album/Artist information is not transmited when using the spotify android app. A quick test with the default android player shows that this works perfectly. I see song/album/artist on the car display.

So please, add this functionality to the android app. (to spare you the search implement A2DP/AVRCP 1.3 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your comments. We’re archiving this old thread to avoid future confusion. 

If you experience any Bluetooth issues on Android, feel free to make a new post in our Android board.

View solution in original post

195 Replies

Actually this whole bluetooth scheme is borked. I hope they fix the pause/play function first.

Adding of 1.3 profile support would be nice, BUT most of the car bluetooth solutions doesn't support this. Parrot being one of these. And while doing this, fix the "bug" that sound keeps playing when bt audio disconnects, because (again) most of the cars does not stop/pause playback before turning off car radio.

But kudos anyway 🙂

I agree with Rufinus. Play/Pause/Track Control works perfect on my Pioneer Stereo and Android Spotify. But it would be much nicer to get track info on that 7" car stereo display. Shouldn't be THAT hard to code. 🙂

@gvoima: on my Volvo S60 its working without any problems. They seem to have some of 1.3 in it, as i can skip tracks via the car's wheel buttons.  which according to the wikipedia article is only in 1.3 (and up of course).

one point i find slighty disturbing is it goes to pause as it should when a call comes in, but dont restarts if call is over.

I use an aftermarket stereo, music resumes just fine when the call ends.

@Rufinus: Skipping tracks is not part of the AVRCP profile v1.3, it was there when the profile was introducer in 1.0.

@Gvoima: yes you're right

AVRCP has several versions with significantly increasing functionality:

• 1.0—Basic remote control commands (play/pause/stop, etc.)
  • 1.3—all of 1.0 plus metadata and media-player state support
    • The status of the music source (playing, stopped, etc.)
    • Metadata information on the track itself (artist, track name, etc.).
  • 1.4—all of 1.0, 1.3, plus media browsing capabilities for multiple media players
    • Browsing and manipulation of multiple players
    • Browsing of media metadata per media player, including a "Now Playing" list
    • Basic search capabilities

It would be awesome to have track information such as title and elapsed time sent over bluetooth to my car stereo when I use Bluetooth playback! Smiley Happy

I know the iPhone app has got this..

AVRCP 1.3 Bluetooth profile is a absolute must for an mobile music app in 2012. For me this is a feature i really miss, almost all other music apps have this Bluetooth profile by default. Why not Spotify? I don't get it, Spotify seems too lack every cool feature for listening music, but its roots are music...

Would be great to add this improved Bluetooth functionality to the Windows Phone 7 app as well.

Fixing the "bug" that sound keeps playing when bt audio disconnect would be great!

Some information about this:

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/bluetooth/BluetoothA2dp.html

There you get the event of connection/disconnection:​

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/bluetooth/BluetoothA2dp.html#ACTION_CONNECTION_STATE_...

------------

UPDATE: after testing the android preview version:

https://www.spotify.com/de/blog/archives/2012/04/19/new-android-preview/

This version supports auto stop on disconnect 🙂

Maybe it supports more? But my car radio has no control and no title information.

Would definately like to see this.

When my Samsung Galaxy S 2 is paired with my Nissan Leaf over bluetooth, I get full track information from Google Music & the stock player.

Disappointingly the spotify preview does not provide track information

Would be nice to see support for the song name and artist over bluetooth stereos in the future.

bluetooth.jpg

Yes I would love to see this too! Even the iPhone version supports this!

I can only say: +1 for this.

Or the long version: I want this feature! My car nav has a lot of nice features, including displaying song information, so it is a bummer that Spotify (Which is still a music application!) doesn't use this.

Spotify just did a major update, but nothing related to this issue. When can we see a solution on this?

Hi Spotify.

Can you please fix an update for this, so the tekst is transmitted via bluetooth.

I use Samsung Galaxy S3

20120617_203103.jpg

Come on Spotify, add it!

Hi!

Resently bought a new car with bluetooth integrated. Everything works great with the phone (SGS3), but my trackinfo doesn't work with spotify and my iPhone friends are lauthing at me =), because it works with iphone.

Play and pause works great, and auto play and stop (of I go out of the car and comes back)..

Please prioritate this for me (bling bling). It would be real nice if this alsy works.

Thank you for a great app!

/Best regards, Carl-Marcus Löfgren - Sweden

Hope you guys implement this soon. Quite frustrating to be honest and makes the app feel a bit cheap.

I just switched from an iPhone 4S, and this frustrated me that you guys have everything for my 4S but nothing for the Android. I mean, the Android app is really bad. Just as an example - a bug that drives me nuts - if I listened to a song, and the song still appears on my widget (because the spotify app is still on), if I get back in the car, and move to BT audio in my system, the song NEVER continues, and if I enter the app, I just get a blank black screen and have to get back to my playlist, and choose the song from scratch.

Come on guys, don't make me cancel my subscription just because I moved to Android...

Suggested posts