Android App: Transmit Track Info via Bluetooth (A2DP/AVRCP 1.3)

Solved!

Re: Android App: Transmit Track Info via Bluetooth (A2DP/AVRCP 1.3)

user-removed
Not applicable

Fixing the "bug" that sound keeps playing when bt audio disconnect would be great!

Some information about this:

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/bluetooth/BluetoothA2dp.html

There you get the event of connection/disconnection:​

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/bluetooth/BluetoothA2dp.html#ACTION_CONNECTION_STATE_...

------------

UPDATE: after testing the android preview version:

https://www.spotify.com/de/blog/archives/2012/04/19/new-android-preview/

This version supports auto stop on disconnect :)

Maybe it supports more? But my car radio has no control and no title information.

planetf1
Regular

Would definately like to see this.

When my Samsung Galaxy S 2 is paired with my Nissan Leaf over bluetooth, I get full track information from Google Music & the stock player.

Disappointingly the spotify preview does not provide track information

Bluetooth - Title, Artist, and Album support.

Carr

Would be nice to see support for the song name and artist over bluetooth stereos in the future.

bluetooth.jpg

kyyla

Yes I would love to see this too! Even the iPhone version supports this!

Nakebod

I can only say: +1 for this.

Or the long version: I want this feature! My car nav has a lot of nice features, including displaying song information, so it is a bummer that Spotify (Which is still a music application!) doesn't use this.

gusaro

Spotify just did a major update, but nothing related to this issue. When can we see a solution on this?

denon76

Hi Spotify.

Can you please fix an update for this, so the tekst is transmitted via bluetooth.

I use Samsung Galaxy S3

20120617_203103.jpg

ktd

Come on Spotify, add it!

Carl-Marcus

Hi!

Resently bought a new car with bluetooth integrated. Everything works great with the phone (SGS3), but my trackinfo doesn't work with spotify and my iPhone friends are lauthing at me =), because it works with iphone.

Play and pause works great, and auto play and stop (of I go out of the car and comes back)..

Please prioritate this for me (bling bling). It would be real nice if this alsy works.

Thank you for a great app!

/Best regards, Carl-Marcus Löfgren - Sweden

royisher
Casual Listener

Hope you guys implement this soon. Quite frustrating to be honest and makes the app feel a bit cheap.

I just switched from an iPhone 4S, and this frustrated me that you guys have everything for my 4S but nothing for the Android. I mean, the Android app is really bad. Just as an example - a bug that drives me nuts - if I listened to a song, and the song still appears on my widget (because the spotify app is still on), if I get back in the car, and move to BT audio in my system, the song NEVER continues, and if I enter the app, I just get a blank black screen and have to get back to my playlist, and choose the song from scratch.

Come on guys, don't make me cancel my subscription just because I moved to Android...

SUGGESTED POSTS