Android App: Transmit Track Info via Bluetooth (A2DP/AVRCP 1.3)

Solved!

Re: Android App: Transmit Track Info via Bluetooth (A2DP/AVRCP 1.3)

LO64

Hi!

I just bought a new Ford C-Max with Bluetooth integrated and it works great to stream music from Spotify using my HTC! But no track info available on the infotainment display in the car.

I could have lived with that until the other day when my wife baught an iPhone 4S. Streaming from Spotify works

perfect AND track info is shown in the infotainment display.

And since I will not join the Apple sect I'm urging you to fix this minor issue with the Android version of the app. 

Thank you for the music.

Lars - Sweden

perosb
Please add this!

user-removed
Not applicable

Just so everyone is clear, Android ICS 4.0.4 doesn't have AVRCP 1.3 support. It's not the Android application for Spotify that is the real culprit here.  There are some custom ROMs that have AVRCP 1.3, you can install those and have it work fine.

Bluetooth on iOS supports AVRCP 1.3, which is why it works there.

constable
Regular

Samsung do provide AVRCP 1.3 support on their Galaxy S2 and S3. Track titles and artist display fine using the stock music player, but yet to find a streaming player that does this? Except if you buy an iPhone of course! 

JoeCole

Can we not even get an update on this? Come on, Spotify... my hard-earned money is being wasted when I use this in the car!

Carl-Marcus

Hi!

Having the same problem. Resume after hang up calls, or turn engine on, works like a charm, but to get trackinfo...

It would be great to get that working. (I hate when iPhone friends gets to me at easy function disabilities).

/Best regards, Carl-Marcus

Lunderhage
Regular

I agree on this one. Please add it!

jmenard

I have a 2012 honda civic and everything works great except the info, I would love to see my music info on the I-mid display :). Thanks 

aidandunne

lawrencealan, I'm not sure where you got your info, but I have a droid  razr ( android 4.0.4); specs indicate it supports AVRCP 1.4. Google music streams with full track info, which is a solid indicator that the bluetooth stack is capable of streaming  meta data.

Pandora and spotify do not stream meta data. I have to think this is  an app issue, not an os issue. I guess since each phone has vendor specific wireless hardware ,  different bluetooth stack implementations are out there .. perhaps there are some ics phones out there with older bluetooth stacks, but I don't think the android version can be tied to the AVRCP support carte blanche.

flint

+1 to this. Please add this functionality. The Android Google Music app transmits metadata just fine! 

SUGGESTED POSTS