Waiting to Download

Waiting to Download

rcpett2
Casual Listener

I have a playlist visible on my Galaxy Note 4 running Spotify 2.6.0.813 on Android 5.0.1.  I have not rooted the device.

I select "Available Offline" for the list and it goes to "Waiting to Download" permanently (as far as I can tell).

I have tried clearing the cache and data and separately uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Any advice on how to solve this would be appreciated.

Thanks

18 Replies

Re: Waiting to Download

user-removed
Not applicable

@rcpett2 wrote:

I have a playlist visible on my Galaxy Note 4 running Spotify 2.6.0.813 on Android 5.0.1.  I have not rooted the device.

I select "Available Offline" for the list and it goes to "Waiting to Download" permanently (as far as I can tell).

I have tried clearing the cache and data and separately uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Any advice on how to solve this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hey there.

Thanks for your input rcpett2!

Do you use any Wifi networks? If no, the reason is here.

By default 3G/4G downloads are blocked. To fix that, open your Spotify app, go to settings and Select downloading for 2G/3G on.

Hope this helps.

Greetz!

Jyrziu :d

rcpett2
Casual Listener

I am using a WiFI network and the machine with  the local files is on the same WiFi network as the smartphone.

Also, with some experimentation, I found that I can get some downloads to happen one file at a time.  But still other files will not download and it appears that once I hit a file that will not download in a playlist I cannot get other files to download - even if I delete the "offending" file from  the playlist.  Some of the files are m4a and others are mp3.  I have not been able to download m4a files at all but some mp3 ffiles can be downloaded and others cannot....

The original library with these files is itunes on a Macbook Pro if that makes any difference....

Thanks

Rob

joeinck
Regular

Tried this solution still not downloading stuck in waiting to download mode on android

188diane
I have same problem. Has anyone got a fix!

charleswmoran
Casual Listener

Also having this problem on Android since the weekend. Tried unsaving/saving again, moving the available offline slider back and forth, turning on download over 3G, ...

Phone has plenty of storage available.

supervixen
Casual Listener

Playlists are stuck on "waiting to download"..

Connecting from the same wi-fi networks as I used to. 

Is this something related to my offline files limit? (If yes, the error message should be more specific)

anyway, just deleted some files to check if this is the case and it's not. 

So what's going on Spotify ? 🙂

This just started happening with a recent update..

Kimberfamily
Casual Listener
I have this same issue. I've had spotify for quite some time. ... no issues until recently. Items that were already downloaded no longer are. Super frustrating...

Zackv-us
I was having the same issue, I selected sync over cellular and it started downloading. Interesting thing is that I have my cellular data off and I am on wifi only. Little bug it seems.

Kimberfamily
Casual Listener
I always have sync over cellular on... tried to turn it off and on. Still nothing. I was thinking it was a space issue so I deleted some apps, etc... then tried to have just one song download. No dice. Ergh!!! (But, glad you got yours going! 👍)
SUGGESTED POSTS