Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Waiting to Download

Waiting to Download

I have a playlist visible on my Galaxy Note 4 running Spotify 2.6.0.813 on Android 5.0.1.  I have not rooted the device.

I select "Available Offline" for the list and it goes to "Waiting to Download" permanently (as far as I can tell).

I have tried clearing the cache and data and separately uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Any advice on how to solve this would be appreciated.

Thanks

18 Replies

@rcpett2 wrote:

I have a playlist visible on my Galaxy Note 4 running Spotify 2.6.0.813 on Android 5.0.1.  I have not rooted the device.

I select "Available Offline" for the list and it goes to "Waiting to Download" permanently (as far as I can tell).

I have tried clearing the cache and data and separately uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Any advice on how to solve this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hey there.

Thanks for your input rcpett2!

Do you use any Wifi networks? If no, the reason is here.

By default 3G/4G downloads are blocked. To fix that, open your Spotify app, go to settings and Select downloading for 2G/3G on.

Hope this helps.

Greetz!

Jyrziu :d

I am using a WiFI network and the machine with  the local files is on the same WiFi network as the smartphone.

Also, with some experimentation, I found that I can get some downloads to happen one file at a time.  But still other files will not download and it appears that once I hit a file that will not download in a playlist I cannot get other files to download - even if I delete the "offending" file from  the playlist.  Some of the files are m4a and others are mp3.  I have not been able to download m4a files at all but some mp3 ffiles can be downloaded and others cannot....

The original library with these files is itunes on a Macbook Pro if that makes any difference....

Thanks

Rob

Tried this solution still not downloading stuck in waiting to download mode on android

I have same problem. Has anyone got a fix!

Also having this problem on Android since the weekend. Tried unsaving/saving again, moving the available offline slider back and forth, turning on download over 3G, ...

Phone has plenty of storage available.

Playlists are stuck on "waiting to download"..

Connecting from the same wi-fi networks as I used to. 

Is this something related to my offline files limit? (If yes, the error message should be more specific)

anyway, just deleted some files to check if this is the case and it's not. 

So what's going on Spotify ? 🙂

This just started happening with a recent update..

I have this same issue. I've had spotify for quite some time. ... no issues until recently. Items that were already downloaded no longer are. Super frustrating...

I was having the same issue, I selected sync over cellular and it started downloading. Interesting thing is that I have my cellular data off and I am on wifi only. Little bug it seems.

I always have sync over cellular on... tried to turn it off and on. Still nothing. I was thinking it was a space issue so I deleted some apps, etc... then tried to have just one song download. No dice. Ergh!!! (But, glad you got yours going! 👍)

Hey all, I've JUST resolved this on my phone (Samsung S4 - Android). All I had to do was clear some space on my internal device memory. See STEP 4 below.

My exact steps were:

1. Uninstall spotify (I don't know if you actually need to do this - I only did this as recommended by other users).

2. Restart my phone.

3. Attempted to reinstall spotify - this prompted me to clear my phone device memory (couldn't install spotify due to lack of space on device).

4. Cleaned up phone memory / created space. ***I THINK YOU CAN JUMP STRAIGHT TO THIS STEP (and bypass the uninstall/reinstall)***

5. Reinstalled spotify successfully.

6. Once logged into my account, was able to download songs immediately (upon turning on the 'available offline' switch.

Hope this works for you!!

Thank you for sharing this information. I managed to get my downloads working again. It turned out that I had limited space left on my SD card and that was the problem. It is a pity that Spotify does not give any error message (like that is running out of memory nd that you have to free up space) and, also interesting, it blocked the already downloaded music and thus sending you in the wrong direction to find out what went wrong.

So, if you cannot download any more music and you get the endless waiting for download loop, look into the amount of space you have available on the SD card. You can delete the Spotify cache through the Spotify settings. You have to login again and reselect the playlists you want to make available offline. Be sure not to reselect all the previous lists if you have not managed to make more room on your SD card.

Good Luck

Not sure when this happened but today I no longer have any offline songs and now, when I am connected to my wifi network, everything that was once downloaded is stuck on waiting to download. Very unhappy.

Okay! Finally got it to work! I had to clear my cache within spotify.

Go to settings, all the way at the bottom
Select delete cache and saved data
It will warn you that you have to log back in.
Log back in... VOILA! Music instantly began downloading again. Whoop whoop!!

Where is that setting? I don't find it under Music Quality.

Android User

Looked at all the suggestions. Still Waiting to Download. Very sad. Will have to leave Spotify if they cannot fix this. Having same problem on 2 different phones running Android 5.1 and 6.0. Plenty of room internal and external (many Gigs).

Force close Spotify through Task Manager, then clear your Memory / Cache. Then change permissions to allow Spotify access memory. Then go to Spotify settings and selected Storage to manage where you want to put all your data.

Just fixed the issue on my end. The playlists I selected were made from local files from my computer– not directly from Spotify. The issue was apparently that my Android and Mac were connected to a different WiFi network. When I connected them both to the same WiFi, the download proceeded.

Just had this problem happen and somehow rebooting the computer got things up and running again.  Worth a try before you start clearing things out on your phone to try to get it to work.

Suggested posts