Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast Audio - problems skipping tracks

Chromecast Audio - problems skipping tracks

Hi everyone, I can't seem to skip tracks on spotiy when the audio device is a Chromecast Audio without the songs stopping, or hanging. Where as if I leave the song playing it always goes to the next song no worries. Both apps have been updated to latest versions.
34 Replies

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I'm having exactly the same problem with a brand new ChromecastAudio and Spotify running on iPhone or MBP.

ChromecastAudio FW: 1.17a.49061
Spotify App-version: 4.6.0.1466 on iOS  8.4.1
Spotify MacOS-version 1.0.20.101.ge6957e14 on 10.9.5

Here is the same topic, posted on google's side:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chromecast/uDFWSxBjqAM;context-place=topicsearchin/ch...

So its fixed. Spotify support set me up with a test account that worked. Then Spotify released my email address, I signed up again on a new account, Spotify support then re-linked my playlists. All sorted. Songs skip without any problems.

how did you get spotify to do this? I have the same problem and i want it to be over as soon as possible. Could you help me out?

I have the same problem. Can anyone tell me/us how to solve it? Thanks.

+1

I'm having the same issue, what's the best way of getting in touch with Spotify support?

@PhilW You can use the contact form linked in my signature to get in contact with the official support staff.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I can not believe that this bug is not fixed yet. Hello Spotify, are you sleeping? I bought the Chromecast Audio especially for Spotify Streaming - and this does not work as advertised. Which makes the Chromecast almost useless. 

Only solution seems to be to switch to Deezer. I was always happy with Spotify, but this is really embarassing ...

Marco

I know! It's really sad that they don't fix that problem. I'm starting to think about cancelling my premium subscription. 😞

The Spotify App for Android TV shows similar issues. Skipping tracks does not work properly, no matter if you use the app buttons with the tv remote or skip on iPhone or Mac using spotify connect.

Very angry on that.

An third party app "Emma for Spotify" for Android TV works fine.

So Spotify, where is the problem?

Get this thing fixed!

Spotify support olso gave me a test account called: cs_test_1 and it had the exact same problem! The problem is NOT solved!

Yeah test account didn't work for me when. And even if it did, it's no option for me as you would lose all your followings and year in music etc

I can't manage to get in contact with Spotify.

Only thing I find are forms and more forms. Very frustrating. 

Try Twitter @Spotifycares

Any news Juan? It drives me absolutely insane

Well, I've contacted Spotify's support and (after many e-mails back and forth) they promised to me that they will investigate the issue.

Oh well... that's what they told me already two months ago

For me, this issue (or a similiar issue) was fixed when I changed router as part of switching to a new ISP. For me at least it seemed like it was a networking problem on my internal network, rather than an issue with Spotify.

Suggested posts