Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't stream via bluetooth to my bmw

Spotify won't stream via bluetooth to my bmw

I have a LG G2 with stock Android 4.2.2. (build number JDQ39B)

Spotify is version 0.7.4.606.gd2ce8b10

The bluetooth "server" is latest version of software in a BMW 3-series 2013 model (aka F31) (TN-1.37.1 and MN-1.36.2)

When I connect with bluetooth from the phone I am able to start beyondpod and wimp, but not spotify. I can switch between beyondpod and wimp, and they work flawlessly (the app I switch to start playing, and the other one pauses), but when I switch to spotify the player starts to play, but no sound is coming out of my car speakers.

This seems to be a bug in Spotify. Please help.

btw: I tried using Media Button Router, but no help there.

Thanks in advance

11 Replies

Hi, I use Spotify on my F30 (You obviously know the codenames, but for others I'll clarify this is the 3 Series 2012 model). Usually I do not have any issues but on the odd occasion I do have the same issue whereby it appears to be playing, but no sound is being transmitted to the car.

I find if I disconnect the bluetooth and then reconnect this seems to resolve the issue. I always thought it was the BMW bluetooth stack/connection which was at fault....but the fact that you get sound from other media apps is a worry.

I wonder if anyone else reading this has this problem in any other make of car?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Me too, same problem. Any other android phone i've tryed works but spotify+lg g2+ bmw doesn't work. This is a problem, maybe i'll try deezer

Same here. It worked with Samsung S3, but not G2. Had some other bluetooth problems with bmw and S3, but at least it was consistent between apps.. 

Welcome, Ole!

I know that when playing through the aux in my girlfriend's VW, I have to turn the Android media volume all the way up. Have you tried this, or do you do this already? Ideally, the volume level would be the same across all apps, but sometimes it just isn't.

i give you a trick.

This morning I tried deezer.
It works perfectly, but I find this:

If you start deezer and after you try spotify, spotify starts to work properly.

Try this

Hi,

I have the same problem in my Subaru Outback model -14, worked perfectly with my other phone but not with the LG G2.

The pre-installed music player works but no sound with Spotify!

/Anders

I have the same problem :

I recently bought a new Mercedes Benz C-Class, and I could do streaming with my iPhone, but I have the same problem you mention with the LG G". In my case, I have updated to the latest Adroid release 4.4.2 (aka KitKat).

On the other hand, the songs inside the LG, with the default music player, sound perfectly with the Streaming option.

I have a Bluetooth home speaker, and I never have had problems pairing with the Adroid device.

I'm experiencing the same issue on BMW 4-series 2014 model.

Same problem with LG G3 stock and a BMW X3.

I have an '09 ml 320 bluetec and I can't figure out my aux or how to use my spotify via bluetooth either... I have an aux outlet in the glove box but it has an iphone 4 cable... I just want my cruisin' tunes!!!!

Suggested posts