Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app erases all my music due to max offline devices synch limit but I only have 1 device

Every time I turnon my phone and open spotify, the app says that it is going to erase all my music because the max offline devices limit has been reached. The first time this happened I erased all my synchronized devices from the web app which happen...

Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 12.49.10 PM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Every time I turnon my phone and open spotify, the app says that it is going to erase all my music because the max offline devices limit has been reached.   The first time this happened I eras...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android device drops wifi connection repeatedly

HI The last 3 months have been crazy troubleshooting and im no further ahead. Same phone, same premium spotify accnt, same home wifi network unchanged, same windows computer. spotify is installed on Moto G android phone, Both spotify and adroid phone...

• Casual Listener
  • HI   The last 3 months have been crazy troubleshooting and im no further ahead. Same phone, same premium spotify accnt, same home wifi network unchanged, same windows computer.   spotif...
  • dcbutcher
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Chromecast 1st gen support

Hi, how do I know whether the updated firmware has been applied to my 1st gen Chromecast so that I can start casting from my phone?I believe the support has been rolled out to the latest gen Chromecast devices but I am not sure about those of us with...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   how do I know whether the updated firmware has been applied to my 1st gen Chromecast so that I can start casting from my phone? I believe the support has been rolled out to the latest g...
  • Vortexmind
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Turn your darn ads down

I regularly listen to some "sleep" stations to doze off. Please turn the volume down on your **bleep**ing ads. They are so much louder than the volume at which I set my phone. And good god why the one that starts with the frickin car horn???? It's li...

• I regularly listen to some "sleep" stations to doze off. Please turn the volume down on your **bleep**ing ads. They are so much louder than the volume at which I set my phone. And good god why the on...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Waiting to Download Even When I Am Online

I am having an issure with the spotify app on my HTC One Mini. IT has worked fine for the past 2 years. Now it wont download over wifi. When i am connected to wifi, all of my other apps work just fine. It is only spotify that doesnt want to work. It ...

• I am having an issure with the spotify app on my HTC One Mini. IT has worked fine for the past 2 years. Now it wont download over wifi. When i am connected to wifi, all of my other apps work just fin...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

1 device but says 3 devices limit and now can't "play offline"

Hello Spotify community, I love the app and the software in general (recently upgraded). I figured out how to download my songs on my Samsung Galaxy S6 to play them offline and I don't know how, when I add new songs on my desktop, to automatically ha...

• Visitor
  • Hello Spotify community,   I love the app and the software in general (recently upgraded).    I figured out how to download my songs on my Samsung Galaxy S6 to play them offline an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music add at Playlist by "Local Files" not synchronize with device Android

When I add a music of my Local Files at a Playlist by PC Windows it not synchronize in the same Playlist in the phone Android. The name of music appears but not play. I thought that I could add any music of my Local Files in the Playlist and it synch...

• Regular
  • When I add a music of my Local Files at a Playlist by PC Windows it not synchronize in the same Playlist in the phone Android. The name of music appears but not play. I thought that I could...
  • alecx
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps on stopping

I'm sure this is a vain attempt to get someone from Spotify to get their act together but here it goes regardless. Some time ago Spotify mobile app has started acting up in a completely random fashion. There are days/times where it works reasonably w...

• I'm sure this is a vain attempt to get someone from Spotify to get their act together but here it goes regardless.   Some time ago Spotify mobile app has started acting up in a completely rand...
  • Simpaty
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cierre inesperado en galaxi s5

Tengo un galaxi s5 y tengo problemas al iniciar spotify se cierra inesperadamenteYa lo borre y lo instalé varias veces y nadaIgual se cierra justo al inicio

• Casual Listener
  • Tengo un galaxi s5 y tengo problemas al iniciar spotify se cierra inesperadamente Ya lo borre y lo instalé varias veces y nada Igual se cierra justo al inicio
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotfiy notifications are in dutch...

Hello!My spotify notifications are in dutch/german or smh like that. Same when I get an e-mail that someone subsriced to my playlist... Why?! :'( Example: Daimdaddel Daim folgt jetzt Deiner Playlist Rawstyle!.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! My spotify notifications are in dutch/german or smh like that. Same when I get an e-mail that someone subsriced to my playlist... Why?! :'(   Example:     Daimdadde...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't stay logged in

On the Spotify app, it will log me in with my username and password, and then before I can even go to my music it will log out on it's own. On the Spotify website, on my laptop, it says I can't log in because my I don't live in the country I've selec...

• On the Spotify app, it will log me in with my username and password, and then before I can even go to my music it will log out on it's own. On the Spotify website, on my laptop, it says I can't log i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem connecting Chromecast (2015) with Samsung S6

Hello! I have the Chromecast (2015) and the Samsung S6. When i try to connect Spotify on my S6 to the Chromecast, the S6 recognize my Chromecast and try to connect. The Spotify logo appears on my TV, but after some seconds trying to connect, my TV sh...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   I have the Chromecast (2015) and the Samsung S6. When i try to connect Spotify on my S6 to the Chromecast, the S6 recognize my Chromecast and try to connect. The Spotif...
  • zhobhe
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify closes itself after a while

I am using a spotify app on my LG android tablet. After some minutes browsing on spotify, it just closes without any warning. Then I have to re-open spotify again. However after some seconds or minutes it closes itself again. It keeps doing this and ...

• I am using a spotify app on my LG android tablet. After some minutes browsing on spotify, it just closes without any warning. Then I have to re-open spotify again. However after some seconds or ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify pauses after every song

Hi there,I hope you can help me with my problem.Spotify automatically pauses at the end of every song I play. It doesn't matter if I play a downloaded playlist or stream a random playlist.Restarting my mobile Phone, changing the streaming quality etc...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I hope you can help me with my problem. Spotify automatically pauses at the end of every song I play. It doesn't matter if I play a downloaded playlist or stream a random playlist. R...
  • Lutti92
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes

Minha conta premiun expirou antes do prazo, e agora??

Minha conta premiun expirou antes do prazo e nao consigo ter mais acesso a conta premium, assinei mas so durou um mes, porque??

• Minha conta premiun expirou antes do prazo e nao consigo ter mais acesso a conta premium, assinei mas so durou um mes, porque??
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

sd card malfunction with spotify

I have an LG G3 i put my 32G sd card on it and download spotify and all thw music got saved on it. When downloading an especific playlist it does not get to download it complete. Then my sd card start havinh problems. And when i turn my phone off. Th...

• I have an LG G3 i put my 32G sd card on it and download spotify and all thw music got saved on it. When downloading an especific playlist it does not get to download it complete. Then my sd card star...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • sd card troubleshooting lg g3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

SD card storage on Android

Hi, Does anyone know if there is an option on Android as to where the downloads are saved? I've scoured the app on my phone for this with no luck. I hope that is an option since I have way more space on my sd card than on the phone internal drive. Th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Does anyone know if there is an option on Android as to where the downloads are saved? I've scoured the app on my phone for this with no luck. I hope that is an option since I have way m...
  • TaraG
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find my old Spotify account

Deactivated my old Facebook account and I can't get in to my Spotify music. Also don't remember my password or username for either account

• Casual Listener
  • Deactivated my old Facebook account and I can't get in to my Spotify music. Also don't remember my password or username for either account
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find my old Spotify account

Deactivated my old Facebook account and I can't get in to my Spotify music. Also don't remember my password or username for either account

• Casual Listener
  • Deactivated my old Facebook account and I can't get in to my Spotify music. Also don't remember my password or username for either account
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes