Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify wouldn't play through Bluetooth on my Samsung Galaxy A8!

Solved!

Spotify wouldn't play through Bluetooth on my Samsung Galaxy A8!

1. Plan

Premium

Country

Romania

Device

Samsung Galaxy A8(2018); SM-A530F

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Spotify wouldn't play through Bluetooth on any device! I'm especially interested in having it working through my car's sound system.

Example: I connect my Samsung Galaxy A8 to my car's(BMW 5 series F11 - December 2011) infotainment system and everything works, phone, phonebook and messaging systems, metadata from Spotify and other apps and I can normally stream music and videos through Bluetooth to the car's sound system &infotainment! But when I try to play music from Spotify -any song- or Spotify starts automatically to play, it will ONLY PLAY THROUGH the PHONE'S SPEAKERS and NOT through the Bluetooth on the car's sound system!!! All the other functionalities remain active while this happens! I also cannot change the track like it should and works  for other apps. I can only stop or start the track to play, but still only through  the phone's speakers!

Spotify can play through Bluetooth on my car's system from other phones, like an older Sony Xperia Z3.

So there is something wrong with Spotify on my device, right?! 

I have the latest updates both of Spotify and Android, I tried reinstalling, deleting cache or all data, reconnecting to the Bluetooth... nothing works!

Please help, much appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hei community, managed to do it myself, after reading through a lot of posts from here and checking the phone's bluetooth connection and other stuff with some of my IT friends :).

So: uninstalled Spotify, deleted all the remaining files from the phone's memory(storage ofc) and from the micro SD card(using the Samsung's 'My Files' app or you can use the 'File Commander' app to find and delete all the files), then restart phone, then unpair the car's bluetooth(amd hit forget), deteled all the data(including cache) from Bluetooth controlling app, restart phone. Then,  while keeping Bluetooth off, reinstall Spotify, use the download for the tracks I wanted offline. Close Spotify from the recent apps list and then go and connect with the car's Bluetooth system. And it works like a dream now! 🙂 finally Spotify is streaming through Bluetooth, starting to play if I have the app on. I have all the metadata, all the functionality from the app through car's infotainmen system. The only issue is that when I make a short stop and the car's Bluetooth is too far or shuts off and then I get back to the car and it reconnects, I lose the metadata, but not the functionality of Spotify controls, so...it's okay.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hei community, managed to do it myself, after reading through a lot of posts from here and checking the phone's bluetooth connection and other stuff with some of my IT friends :).

So: uninstalled Spotify, deleted all the remaining files from the phone's memory(storage ofc) and from the micro SD card(using the Samsung's 'My Files' app or you can use the 'File Commander' app to find and delete all the files), then restart phone, then unpair the car's bluetooth(amd hit forget), deteled all the data(including cache) from Bluetooth controlling app, restart phone. Then,  while keeping Bluetooth off, reinstall Spotify, use the download for the tracks I wanted offline. Close Spotify from the recent apps list and then go and connect with the car's Bluetooth system. And it works like a dream now! 🙂 finally Spotify is streaming through Bluetooth, starting to play if I have the app on. I have all the metadata, all the functionality from the app through car's infotainmen system. The only issue is that when I make a short stop and the car's Bluetooth is too far or shuts off and then I get back to the car and it reconnects, I lose the metadata, but not the functionality of Spotify controls, so...it's okay.

Suggested posts