Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Status bar and navigation bar is not hiding

Status bar and navigation bar is not hiding

Plan

Free

Device

Realme GT2 Pro

Operating System

Android 14 

My Question or Issue 

I just upgraded my phone from Redmi note 11 to a Flagship phone from Realme. When İ was on Redmi the app was running perfectly fine with no black bars or something. But with this new phone it has some black bar on the bottom and the top. İt looks so lame. Please help me how to fix this. This is the only reason İ cancelled my subscription to Spotify and bought YouTube premium. And now İ wanna turn back to Spotify but this UI bugs make me so uncomfortable. 

Screenshot_2024-05-01-22-41-05-53_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg
4 Replies

Hey there @Dogukana

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

We can confirm that currently that's how the UI looks like on Android. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

Also, keep in mind that the ability to hide the status and navigation bars and how to do it depends on each device. Usually, those settings can be found in the phone settings under display. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks for the answer. I hope your dev team make the ui smooth again. I am it was working nice on the Xiaomi phones. Seeing this ui after upgrading my phone makes me feel uncomfortable. I like the way Spotify looks on Ios. Please fix the ui with an new update. And also there is no setting on my phone to do that. I even tried 3rd party apps to get rid of the bars but Spotify dont let me.

Plan

Premium

Device

Samsung Galaxy S22

Operating System

Android 14

My Question or Issue

This is already posted as a Spotify idea since last year but never got any update. Spotify's Android App still has an ugly opaque shade on the status bar on Android, specifically on Samsung phone cause one of my friends who has other Android's have a transparent status bar. (Screenshots: 1st: Samsung, 2nd: Xiaomi)

Screenshot_20240628_013324_Spotify.jpg
received_1810424679433320.jpg

Fix this! Don't give my wife reasons to sh*t on my pixel 7 😭

Suggested posts