Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switch off notification sound

Solved!

Switch off notification sound

Is it possible to stop Spotify from generating a notification sound when I get a notification.   I don't really want to switch off all my notificaitons - I just want it to do it silently when one is generated (so I don't think I have got a text)

Richard

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There's no way to do this in the app itself and the android app settings will only allow you to disable all notifications for an app, which may not be what you want. An alternative may be to try Light Flow from the Play store which will allow you to change notifications for individual apps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Have you tried to remove all notifications sounds in Android settings?

Marked as solution

There's no way to do this in the app itself and the android app settings will only allow you to disable all notifications for an app, which may not be what you want. An alternative may be to try Light Flow from the Play store which will allow you to change notifications for individual apps.

Thanks, Joe.   I have just turned off all the Notifications for Spotify in Andriod (under More > Applications Manager > Spotify)

Yet another piece of Spotify usabiity stupidity - I don't mind the notifications, I just don't want to be woken at 3am in the morning by a notification that sounds as if I have got a text message.    And I don't want to download and learn another app just to switch off the sounds.

I really don't understand Spotify - I like the overall product/service but their apps to seem to be beset by very annoying usabiity and other issues that they don't seem to be able to fix.

Suggested posts