Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Temporary error when merging accounts - Can't get my mobile to work

Solved!

Temporary error when merging accounts - Can't get my mobile to work

Hey I was listening to music last night, turned it off and everything was all fine.  This morning I wake up and it won't work.  It keeps trying to make me re-enter all my information.  When I do, it comes up with an error message saying "Temporary error when merging accounts".  What is going on and why won't it take my info?  I already tried resetting my password on Facebook and for Spotify.  It's not even working on my computer now.  My account is up to date and I have Premium.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey this is the same person.  I noticed it kept sending me to the UK version of the website, and when I checked my country had been changed to the UK somehow.  I changed it back to the US, where I am, and it worked fine.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Also the only other Community posts I found have no answers.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I have asked a member of the community staff to look into this for you 😉

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Hey this is the same person.  I noticed it kept sending me to the UK version of the website, and when I checked my country had been changed to the UK somehow.  I changed it back to the US, where I am, and it worked fine.

My phone seems to be going to the UK as well (I'm in the US).  When I look at my profile online on a desktop, it shows me in the US.  I can't get to my profile on my phone (stuck in the Temporary error when merging accounts loop).  Where can I check this for the phone and, if necessary, change it to the proper country?

I went onto the Spotify page and signed in to my account, and saw at the bottom it said UK.  I edited my profile so the country said USA and it fixed it.

exact same issue for me in denmark

Suggested posts