Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

The Android app freeze when I want to add a song to a playlist

The Android app freeze when I want to add a song to a playlist

It freezes every Time when I use autocomplete in the playlist search bar (sometimes it's the gboard that freeze, sometimes the spotify app)
2 Replies

Hi, I have this exact same problem when adding currently playing tracks to my playlists when I use the search bar. 

When you mention that removing downloaded tracks from your favorites fixed the issue, are you referring to tracks downloaded in Spotify or mp3's you had in your phone? I don't have any mp3 tracks on my phone. 

After so many years gone by, why doesn't Spotify take a measure to prevent this, regardless of the reason? It's very frustrating to have the app completely freeze multiple times per day (about 1/3 of the time I'm adding a track to my playlists).

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

@mrvlhs, we've moved your post to this thread since it better reflects the issue you're experiencing.

Can you both please send us a video of the issue along with the model, OS version and Spotify version of the affected devices and let us know if clean reinstalling the app makes any difference?

To narrow this down further, it would be helpful to test if setting a different keyboard as default produces the same behavior.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts