Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The new Spotify UI was removed form my account, how can I bring it back?

The new Spotify UI was removed form my account, how can I bring it back?

Hi!

Recently I download Spotify (again), and this came with a new beautiful interface.

At that time I had my Spotify Free and spent a few weeks with the UI that I miss.

In any case... today I buy Spotify Premium and a few seconds after having it, the interface goes away to return to the original.

I khow what Spotify is making changes and selecting certain types of users to experiment and blablabla, the thing is that I seriously would like to return to the new interface. It seemed to me that it was very clean, everything was in order and was visually pleasant, I really would like to re-having it.

If anyone knows any way to have it back, or if in any way I can contact with someone responsible for select or deselect who and for how long have the new interface, I would be very grateful.

I am sorry if I did not understand, English isn't my home language.

Thanks, and greetings!

Plan

Premium

Country

Colombia

Device

(Motorola Moto G5S Plus)

Operating System

(Android Nougat 7.1.1)

2 Replies

That interface is only being rolled out to free users, most of who hate it. It is missing several features which are really useful for premium users so be glad it's gone. Maybe they'll roll out a new UI to premium subscribers in time.

That's right, I actually ended up here by looking for a place to rant about the new UI. It is absolutely awful and the worst possible use of screen real estate. I can only see 5 playlists to select from on a 5.2 inch screen. Not to mention when items are listed by album arts, where I can only see 3 album arts and I have to scroll all over. It feels like I'm looking at a UI through a 3X magnifier 🙂 This view also isn't consistent with the rest of the screens. When I go into one of my playlists, it doesn't even list my songs in there, unless I click on "preview". This is really bad UI, with unnecessary touches and clicks everywhere. I truly hope this is just an experiment...Was about to come back from Apple Music and sign up to family premium again, but this kinda puts me off. 

PS.: Fire the UI/UX desinger.

Screenshot_20180603-175048.png
Screenshot_20180603-175105.png

Suggested posts