Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The new autoplay feature should have been off by default

The new autoplay feature should have been off by default

As from version 7.2.0 something, spotify on android suddenly started to play random songs when reaching the end of a playlist. After looking around I found a new setting named "autoplay" which was On by default. Even though I respect that some people may like it, I dislike this kind of function and I highly dislike these kinds of changes that automatically introduces serious alternations in the way the spotiy app is working. If you want to introduce a new feature, please introduce a decent release note that can advertise new features instead of throwing them into my face.

4 Replies

To my surprise, as of version 7.5.0.1076 it now starts playing random songs even though this option is disabled in settings. Can you PLEASE fix this bug immediately.

When can I expect this problem to be solved? It is a show-stopper to me.

Autoplay works exactly as it should for me. Make sure you haven't enabled it by accident then use the contact form to get direct support.

I totally agree with you. I didn't know why my playlist didn't start over, but started to play "music I may like". I even had the loop function enabled.

This feature uses data Spotify! If I'm at home, on the WiFi, I don't care. But if I'm on the road I don't want Spotify to use my data connection. All my music is offline available.

Suggested posts