Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Downloaded music

Hi all Does anyone know if there's a way to display only downloaded music on the Android app? This would be a very usefull feature if now... Cheers, Paul

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all   Does anyone know if there's a way to display only downloaded music on the Android app? This would be a very usefull feature if now...   Cheers, Paul
  • Blanardo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can only play songs by selecting 'shuffle songs'

I recently unsubscribed from my premium account and use Spotify free now. The desktop app works properly but my phone app doesn't let me play songs. They are all greyed out and when I try playing songs by selecting 'Shuffle' I cannot rewind the song ...

• I recently unsubscribed from my premium account and use Spotify free now. The desktop app works properly but my phone app doesn't let me play songs. They are all greyed out and when I try playing son...
  • ErikG
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Just keeps Crashing.

I've got Spotify Premium at the moment and I've had nothing but trouble with logging in. Bascially if by some miracle I am logged in and listening to my music the app just automatically logs me out. Doesn't matter how much I try I can't log back in. ...

• I've got Spotify Premium at the moment and I've had nothing but trouble with logging in. Bascially if by some miracle I am logged in and listening to my music the app just automatically logs me out. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify skips and stops randomly when phone is moved

I've only noticed this problem when walking around with headphones on whilst using Spotify on my phone but it seems to occur whilst streaming as well as with offline playlists. Once every few minutes, the app will either spontaneously pause whichever...

• I've only noticed this problem when walking around with headphones on whilst using Spotify on my phone but it seems to occur whilst streaming as well as with offline playlists. Once every few minutes...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ativação de Music Quality/ Extrem

Olá tenho Premium e recebi email para ativar Music Quality/Extrem Quality só que essa cena não está ativada/ não posso ativa-lá. alguém me pode ajudar? Tenho um Android

• Olá tenho Premium e recebi email para ativar Music Quality/Extrem Quality só que essa cena não está ativada/ não posso ativa-lá. 😣 alguém me pode ajudar? Tenho um Android
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can't share Songs or Playlists with "followed" Friends

Hi there,when I try to share a Song or a Playlist with a "followed" friend, the "Send" Button stays grey and it is impossible to send it. I check the spelling of the username, everything is OK.I'm not connected to Facebook. Hate that.Is there a solut...

• Hi there, when I try to share a Song or a Playlist with a "followed" friend, the "Send" Button stays grey and it is impossible to send it. I check the spelling of the username, everything is OK. ...
  • rmatosmartins
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes

Volume Fluctuations and random pauses

I've been getting random fluctuations in volume and pausing on android(I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Amp Prime) and it's getting ridiculous. It will go from being at normal volume to super quiet then back to normal like there's a gps giving directions. ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been getting random fluctuations in volume and pausing on android(I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Amp Prime) and it's getting ridiculous. It will go from being at normal volume to super quiet then ba...
  • furuanku
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

How to add songs to an Official Spotify Playlist

Hello there, it is possible to add songs to an Official Spotify Playlist? I want to add more music, the playlist is really poor...

• Hello there, it is possible to add songs to an Official Spotify Playlist? I want to add more music, the playlist is really poor...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sam cooke aint that good news album

Hi,I was trying to listen to Sam Cooke's album, 'ain't that good news remastered'. I found out that almost half of the album can't be played. It's very randomly chosen. My question, is this just me? Or is there something going wrong with spotify?I do...

• Hi, I was trying to listen to Sam Cooke's album, 'ain't that good news remastered'. I found out that almost half of the album can't be played. It's very randomly chosen. My question, is this just me...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not getting notifications

Hi everyone. I am currently using the new updated version that came out and I am using an s7 phone. I am following quite a lot of artists and yet I am not recieving notifications when one of the artists I'm following releases new music. This is becom...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone. I am currently using the new updated version that came out and I am using an s7 phone. I am following quite a lot of artists and yet I am not recieving notifications when one of the arti...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wavves' albums

Wavvves, King of the Beach, Afraid of Heights just disappeared, what happened?

• Casual Listener
  • Wavvves, King of the Beach, Afraid of Heights just disappeared, what happened?
  • furuanku
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All music does not display playlist songs

Hello there.My gf created a 900 songs playlist and i have all Of them downloaded, but none of them are displayed on All Music tab, so i need to play her playlist if i want to listen to the songs. This is sad to me because i like to shuffle all my mus...

• Hello there. My gf created a 900 songs playlist and i have all Of them downloaded, but none of them are displayed on All Music tab, so i need to play her playlist if i want to listen to the songs. T...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cant change settings like music quality etc.

I cant change the music quality settings on my Android phone. All of the settings are blacked out and cant be changed because of that. I have a premium account, but its like the premium features dont work. Anyone knows what I can do about it?

• Casual Listener
  • I cant change the music quality settings on my Android phone. All of the settings are blacked out and cant be changed because of that. I have a premium account, but its like the premium features dont...
  • alpersson
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Download playlist

Hi, i can not download playlist even with internet connexion but it's working if i want a music in my collection. Could someone help me please ? (I got spotify premium by the way)

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, i can not download playlist even with internet connexion but it's working if i want a music in my collection. Could someone help me please ? (I got spotify premium by the way)
  • Platane
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium

I accidentally tapped "Free Trial" and I went on the Spotify website and checked under Subscription. It said "Spotify Premium" and it said that my pre-paid premium was going to end on 1/29/17. I'm afraid that when it ends, I'm going to get charged, e...

• Casual Listener
  • I accidentally tapped "Free Trial" and I went on the Spotify website and checked under Subscription. It said "Spotify Premium" and it said that my pre-paid premium was going to end on 1/29/17. I'm af...
  • e_jamar01
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists Won't Disappear

I have several playlists that simply will not go away. I tap to bring up the menu, and it tells me to go online, but going online changes nothing. I have tried many solutions, and simply want them gone. (All of the ones that say "loading".)

• Visitor
  • I have several playlists that simply will not go away. I tap to bring up the menu, and it tells me to go online, but going online changes nothing. I have tried many solutions, and simply want them go...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums and songs not shown, even though they exist on Spotify

Hey!Yesterday my friend and I listened to one of his playlists. I really liked it and asked him to send me the link. Unfortunately around half of the songs are missing for me though he only used songs from Spotify. I can see the titles but they aren'...

• Hey! Yesterday my friend and I listened to one of his playlists. I really liked it and asked him to send me the link. Unfortunately around half of the songs are missing for me though he only used so...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app independently signing me out and deleteing my offline playlists

Recently my Spotify app has been acting out. Twice this week i have been signed out of the app, and after signing in I notice that none of my recently downloaded playlists are available offline. Twice. This. Week. What makes this even more irritating...

• Recently my Spotify app has been acting out. Twice this week i have been signed out of the app, and after signing in I notice that none of my recently downloaded playlists are available offline. Twic...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest android version messes up my phone *corrected*

Spotify got an update a couple days ago. My phone also became very sluggish and unresponsive a couple days ago, but I had no clue why and wasn't aware of the new update. I even tried factory reset before I relised Spotify had had an update and it mig...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify got an update a couple days ago. My phone also became very sluggish and unresponsive a couple days ago, but I had no clue why and wasn't aware of the new update. I even tried factory reset be...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Removing songs from playlists that still play

I have my own playlist that I listen to offline. I have noticed though that even if I delete a song and it's download from my playlist, it still plays when in shuffle mode. There is no option to delete it further. Does anyone else have this problem? ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have my own playlist that I listen to offline. I have noticed though that even if I delete a song and it's download from my playlist, it still plays when in shuffle mode. There is no option to dele...
  • TrishaB2
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes