Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Compatible Android phones

Compatible Android phones

Hi,

I have been using Spotify for a couple of years. For quite some time now I have trouble with it stuttering while it's playing in the background. I tried several things but I could not solve it. This post is not to solve that issue.

It is to get advice. I am planning to get a new phone because this one is developing several mechanical issues. Spotify working seamlessly on the phone is one of the requirements. So my request is thus: If you have an android phone and no issues at all, could you post your phone brand and type? 
If a developer happens to read this: which phones are used to test the app? Cause that is almost a guarrantee it will work.

Thank you

3 Replies

No one has an Android phone that runs Spotify without any glitches?

Most Android phones that are produced by large major companies such as, Samsung, LG, Google, Motorola, etc. make great phones. They should be up to date in software and harware, that is, if the model or version of phone was released no more than two years ago. I currently use a LG stylo which came out roughly three to four years ago, it is a bit roughed up but it works well enough to be able to run Spotify daily and streamed for more than 8 hours a day. The LG stylo is discontinued though which makes it a problem. Motorola makes great budget phones though such as the Moto G series. Samsung (Galaxy) and Google (Pixel) make phones that are more costly, but the software and hardware are very beefy and are bound to not fail any needs.

I currently use a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, and while the build quality is excellent (3,5 years old now, with rough use) I hesistate to use a Samsung for Spotify ever again. It has has hickups in the audio (short pauses) when I'm not acitively using the phone for a long time now, and even a factory reset of the phone and several OS updates were unable to solve this.

From my electronics engineering and datasheet reading I guess the CPU switches to a low power mode that is just not able to run spotify smoothly and the phone refuses to go one power mode up for it. But I'm not a programmer nor a computer engineer so that may be bollocks.

Suggested posts