Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This is probably the most effed thing that has happened to me with technology ever

This is probably the most effed thing that has happened to me with technology ever

So my account got hacked, here's what happened:

To start, I'll just clarifty that I've only ever used spotify on my phone and my desktop. Never once in a public place or someone else's phone, etc.

So I'm in another city and Spotify is working great. I head home, and I turn my internet off before the drive. I'm a premium member; I have 6+ gigs of music saved on my phone, and I don't need to stream. After the 2 hour drive, I'm home and I turn my internet back on. I get an email from Spotify, sent to me while I was driving, informing me that I've just changed my email to mimisparklebaton3@yaddayaddadotcom. I now am locked out of my premium account with 6+ gigs of useless tunes on my phone.

So I contact Spotify, and they actually helped me recover my account back to normal within a few email exchanges. Amazing. I have my music back and I'm pretty stoked. Not sure how my account got hacked, but whatevs, I got sick jams again.

SO TOOODAAAYYY, I get into my car to head home from work and I open Spotify. It proceeds to inform me that "you're only allowed to download music to three devices, so we're gonna delete all the music you have on this device." WHAT. THE. FFF. 

In silence, I drive home and boot my desktop up. I open the Spotify app, check out the devices via spotify connect, and there it is - someone's RANDOM-**bleep** PS4 is sitting there as a device to connect to. 

So now I'm stuck with my stolen-and-now-recovered account, with the thief's unremoveable piece of **bleep** hardware on the device list. There is even a place on the Spotify website right hurr that allows you to remotely remove devices from Spotify connect, and I only see my friggin' Android device listed there!! 

So unbelieveably frustrating!!

Anyway, I really just needed to vent!

0 Replies

Suggested posts