Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Carter158
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download with mobile data

I have premium. I had a ton of songs downloaded. I broke my phone, got a new one and now I can't re download anything on mobile data which was never an issue before. Nothing about my phone plan has changed but every time I try to re download my songs...

• I have premium. I had a ton of songs downloaded. I broke my phone, got a new one and now I can't re download anything on mobile data which was never an issue before. Nothing about my phone plan has c...
  • tuberdise202
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Requesting a song to be added

how can i request a song to be added to the library?

• Regular
  • how can i request a song to be added to the library?
  • Jimbob1718
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix Won't Open

I have Spotify on both my phone and my laptop, however the Daily Mix only opens on the latter. Anytime I go to tap the Daily Mix button on my phone, nothing happens. I've tried accessing it through the radio and the genres and moods as well. I listen...

• I have Spotify on both my phone and my laptop, however the Daily Mix only opens on the latter. Anytime I go to tap the Daily Mix button on my phone, nothing happens. I've tried accessing it through t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Pauses When I Open Other Application

I found out that everytime when I open my Clash Royale or Fire Emblem Heroes, Spotify will pause my music. This issue happens after I updated my HTC 10 to Android 7.0. Anyone have this problem too? This issue is so annoy. My Spotify version is 7.7.0....

• Casual Listener
  • I found out that everytime when I open my Clash Royale or Fire Emblem Heroes, Spotify will pause my music. This issue happens after I updated my HTC 10 to Android 7.0. Anyone have this problem too? T...
  • msange
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music volume lowers after a second into the song

I have a sony xperia z5 compact and suddenly the music volume started to lower as soon as the song begins. It only happens on spotify. I've tried disabling android's equalizer, but it didn't work. Getting quite frustrated...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a sony xperia z5 compact and suddenly the music volume started to lower as soon as the song begins. It only happens on spotify. I've tried disabling android's equalizer, but it didn't work. Ge...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

no reproduce ninguna canción

la version para pc no reproduce ninguna cancion de nada. pasan las canciones y pasan. una tras otra y a veces aparece un notificacion celeste diciendo que las canciones no se encuentran almacenadas en la pc...ya probe con reinstalar la app y continua...

• la version para pc no reproduce ninguna cancion de nada. pasan las canciones y pasan. una tras otra y a veces aparece un notificacion celeste diciendo que las canciones no se encuentran almacenadas e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth Noise and Sound Quality Issues on Android Marshmallow

I use Spotify almost exclusively on Android connected to Bluetooth and hear a lot of noise in the sound when music is playing. The audio system is very high quality and doesn't have any bluetooth noise from Apple devices or older Android versions, it...

• Regular
  • I use Spotify almost exclusively on Android connected to Bluetooth and hear a lot of noise in the sound when music is playing.  The audio system is very high quality and doesn't have any bl...
  • peter1233
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Too many offline devices... only one phone?

Hi,I'm using the Samsung J3 2016 and am consistently having problems with trying to download my playlists for offline listening in my daily commute. The device will not retain the downloaded music for longer than a few minutes and gives me the messag...

• Hi, I'm using the Samsung J3 2016 and am consistently having problems with trying to download my playlists for offline listening in my daily commute. The device will not retain the downloaded musi...
  • Sudhansh
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Loading Time while in Playlist

Right now whenever I1.) am in a playlist2.) while my phone is connected to the web3.) and I open up the context menu of a songI have to wait 5-10 seconds until spotify has searched for playlist recommendations.I actually can't interact with the song ...

• Music Fan
  • Right now whenever I 1.) am in a playlist 2.) while my phone is connected to the web 3.) and I open up the context menu of a song I have to wait 5-10 seconds until spotify has searched for playli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Spotify app offline playlists counting double: SD card AND internal storage.

Hi, The Spotify app on my Android phone (Wileyfox Swift, Cyanogen Mod 12) is doing something very odd. Here's the problem:I have 16Gb internal storage and a 32Gb external SD card, so naturally I want my offlione playlists on the SD cardThe app is con...

• Regular
  • Hi,   The Spotify app on my Android phone (Wileyfox Swift, Cyanogen Mod 12) is doing something very odd. Here's the problem: I have 16Gb internal storage and a 32Gb external SD card, so natu...
  • lcolling
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Play the music on offline

Guys, I bought premium yesterday, and I'm currently using 30-days trial. However, I can't play my playlists on offline.Any suggestions?

• Regular
  • Guys, I bought premium yesterday, and I'm currently using 30-days trial. However, I can't play my playlists on offline. Any suggestions?
  • kdochris
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Adoptable Storage

Why can't the Spotify app be moved to the SD card through Adoptable Storage?

• Not applicable
  • Why can't the Spotify app be moved to the SD card through Adoptable Storage? 
  • heffequespotify
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Saving micro sd

OK so I've got my premium account and I want to save my music in my sd card, but the thing is even though it does save my music there it uses my phones memory as well any idea how to make it just use the sd card?

• Casual Listener
  • OK so I've got my premium account and I want to save my music in my sd card, but the thing is even though it does save my music there it uses my phones memory as well any idea how to make it just use...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music downloading to SD card, yet still taking up internal storage space (Galaxy S7/Nougat).

Greetings, Hello, I've been using a Galaxy S7 with Spotify for a few months now. I've never been able to get my music to save to the micro SD card. Last night I upgraded to Nougat 7.0. I did a complete device wipe with the new update and was hoping t...

• Regular
  • Greetings,   Hello,    I've been using a Galaxy S7 with Spotify for a few months now. I've never been able to get my music to save to the micro SD card. Last night I upgraded to No...
  • emilyxo
  • Regular
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Searching a song in the filter messes the whole queue

So I'm listening to a playlist in shuffle and I want to add a song to the queue/play next so I type in the filter "cold", it appears all the songs with the word cold, right? So I add the song I wanted and DELETE the word from the filter but when I go...

• Casual Listener
  • So I'm listening to a playlist in shuffle and I want to add a song to the queue/play next so I type in the filter "cold", it appears all the songs with the word cold, right? So I add the song I wante...
  • TenaciousT63
  • 7 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 18 likes

can no longer listen to music on playlist in offline mode

I was wondering if something changed in the last update. I've been looking and cannot find the answer anywhere. Every time I try to play one of my playlists when I do not have reception on my phone, it says I am offline and does not play anything. I ...

• Casual Listener
  • I was wondering if something changed in the last update.  I've been looking and cannot find the answer anywhere.  Every time I try to play one of my playlists when I do not have reception o...
  • Clean_Pinch
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Save to SD (gone)

Hi.I can't save my playlist and songs to my SD card. And now it's taking up a lot of storage on the internal storage. And there is no option in the settings to save it somewhere else. I have a Samsung Galaxy s5Please help. Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I can't save my playlist and songs to my SD card. And now it's taking up a lot of storage on the internal storage. And there is no option in the settings to save it somewhere else. I have a Sams...
  • Mosseramp
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Odd glitch when trying to change concert cities

Whenever I try to change concert cities on the latest version of the Android app (7.7), the search bar isn't where its supposed to be located, and its quite annoying. A screenshot has been attached below.

Screenshot_20170224-120531.png
  • Composer
  • Whenever I try to change concert cities on the latest version of the Android app (7.7), the search bar isn't where its supposed to be located, and its quite annoying. A screenshot has been attached b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to play an album?

I don't want to "Shuffle Play" an album, I want to play the tracks in the order they appear on the album. How does one do that on the Android app? I'm a premium subscriber.

• Music Fan
  • I don't want to "Shuffle Play" an album, I want to play the tracks in the order they appear on the album. How does one do that on the Android app? I'm a premium subscriber.
  • wingshq
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes