Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Refuses to download playlists, Storage "full"

Refuses to download playlists, Storage "full"

I've recently had my Xperia XZ repaired, for whatever reason the engineers decided to wipe my phone and start anew. I downloaded spotify once again and logged in just fine, I forgot I needed to redownload all my songs again so I hit the "download playlist" switch and immediatly it stops and tells me all the storage devices are "full". there's a whopping 17.somethingGB free on internal storage AND 119.somethingGB free on my Micro SD which all the downloads are being sent to. I've tried restarting my phone, I've tried wiping the cache'd data and re-logged back in, I've tried to switch storage devices within the app and it refuses to let me I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the app again and nothing is working. am I **bleep** going to just let it eat up all my data when I want to listen to songs on the way to work so I NEED a solution. this was never a problem before I had the phone repaired why is it NOW this shows up?

1 Reply

Hi, welcome to the community, and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're not currently able to download your music. One thing you might try after clearing Spotify's cache and uninstalling would be to go into your phone's internal storage and manually delete the "com.spotify.music" folder if it's left behind. Probably also a good idea to check your SD card just to be safe.

Anyway, this seems to have helped some users with similar issues in the past, and you can see the full steps in the solution mentioned here. Hopefully it will be as simple as getting rid of that folder. That said, it's strange that the issue would begin right after the phone was formatted, so I'm hoping there's not some other kind of underlying corruption in the system.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts