Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'This track is not available' even though it's in my library.

'This track is not available' even though it's in my library.

So I was trying to get Selena Gomez's 'Slow Down' to be on my playlist. I understand that it is not available in Spotify's library (yet) at the moment, so I bought it from iTunes Music Store earlier and it did get registered with my desktop Spotify and I can play it just fine (within or out of a playlist). Nevertheless, while after syncing it with my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy SIII) the track does show on the playlist(s) it was included (like what it's shown on my laptop), it did not get downloaded and it says 'This track is not available' whenever I click on it. Is there a reason why? I should think that it not being on Spotify's library shouldn't be a problem as there are a lot of tracks, such as the Jake Bugg songs that are not available in the library either, and they play just fine on my phone.

Thank you.

10 Replies

Hi. Local tracks need to be downloaded to your android device before you can play them, following the guide here. Does that work for you?

Thank you for this.

I wish it would but that didn't work. As I have said, it is actually playing fine on my laptop's Spotify player. It is in my 'local files' page and I have added it onto a playlist which I have made it available offline. I did the same thing for all other local files (which were also brought from the same iTunes Music Store) such as the Jake Bugg album. All other tracks work fine but Selena Gomez's 'Slow Down' doesn't.

Could you try deleting the track from your local file list then restarting the desktop client. It should show up again in the local file list. Then create a new playlist with just the one track in it. Open that playlist on your android and hit the download button. What happens? Does it throw any error messages?

No...Now it's not even showing up on my local files...

It disappeared on its own or didn't reappear on deleting/restarting? Do you have all the options enabled in preferences to show local files?

Well I've deleted it from the 'local files', and when I re-open Spotify (and even re-start my computer just to make sure), I cannot find 'Slow Down' anywhere in the software (and thus unable to play it on laptop Spotify either). The file still is in my computer and my iTunes library. And yes, I've ticked all the boxes.

I have added 'Slow Down' to an iTunes playlist, and delete the existing playlists on laptop Spotify and re-imported them and so 'Slow Down' is now showing back on laptop Spotify. But still coud not get it on my phone's Spotify. It is there on the playlist but it just says 'This track is not available'.

If the track doesn't appear in the local files, it may be in a format spotify can't handle. Try installing or reinstalling apple quicktime.

I was having this exact same problem and found this thread. Installing/updating Quicktime totally did the trick and fixed the problem.

Thanks so much for the help!

Why would Quicktime be relevant? Spotify'team told me it's because the song is not available on their library and Android phones cannot do this...

Suggested posts