Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Time to do something about awful album/playlist sorting

Time to do something about awful album/playlist sorting

I live in the 21st century, middle of the second decade. I tend to use a smartphone or a tablet for my everyday entertainment needs.

I use Spotify almost exclusively on tablet/smartphone. No need to say the Spotify mobile app is just crap. The development team is trying to fix the issue, but they are too slow or unwilling.

That's not the point, though. The point of this thread is to suggest adding ALBUM SORTING AND ALBUM STARRING. I'm oldschool when it comes to listening, and I tend to listen to whole albums. And I tend to star them to imitate ownership. Pointless to remind that in order to have the album in your library is to either add it to a playlist or to star it, song by song, individually.

Could we please see the addition of the STARRED ALBUMS and STARRED SINGLES category besides the quite pointless in this case STARRED category? Like the album? Just star it, as a whole! It seems so logical and simple, yet the leading streaming platform ignores all these usability cases and issues completely. Time to man up, Spotify. There's always competition, Google Music All Access, for example. Why do you not care, especially with all your financial trouble?

1 Reply

Hello, alksv! Feedback is always welcome. A similar idea to yours has been suggested here and is now under consideration.It's impossible to say whether and when this feature goes live but I'm pretty sure that since the devs are aware and they said they are actually considering implementing it, something's up.

Suggested posts