Country

UK

Device

Motorola Moto G5S

Operating System

Android 7.1.1 

App version 8.4.62.490

My Question or Issue

Hi, this has been happening for a few weeks now, not just with the latest update.

When I play a track (any track, online or offline, via playlist, saved artist, daily mix, whatever), it displays correctly in the bar at the bottom at first. However, when the next track starts, it doesn't change the name of the track in the display.

I've attached a screenshot. I started off by playing the track "Twilight Zone". However, when it moved on to the next track and the track after that, the bar at the bottom only shows the first track I selected, and not the actual track playing (which is "TV 5/4 Chan", shown highlighted correctly in the actual playlist).

If I tap on the bar at the bottom, it goes to the "Playing from your library" screen and then shows the correct track which is playing.

But, if I stay on the Playing from your library screen, when that track finishes and it moves on to the next track, the same track stays displayed. For example, "TV 5/4 Chan" would still be displayed with a non-moving progress bar, after Spotify had moved on to "We're tired of it".

I've only had this phone for about a month, and everything else works OK on it. Is there a known fix other than "wipe and reinstall"?

Screenshot_20180717-075625.png
1 Reply

Just to add to this, I noticed this morning that if I switch to another app and then back again to Spotify, it shows the correct track.

Until it moves on to the next.

Suggested posts