Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files won't sync.

Hi.My problem is rather a common one but I haven't found a working solution yet.As in the title - my local files won't sync to my Android device. What is more interesting - my local files won't sync across any of my devices.Here is the list of things...

• Hi. My problem is rather a common one but I haven't found a working solution yet. As in the title - my local files won't sync to my Android device. What is more interesting - my local files won't s...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Issue] Being logged in to multiple devices causes large playlist to only loop the queued 50 songs

Spotify UsernameerichovisPlanPremiumCountry USA DeviceGalaxy S7 Edge, Windows 10Operating SystemAndroid 7.0, Windows 10 My Question or Issue It's been reported to them multiple times. How hard can it be to sync a full playlist to the active session i...

• Spotify Username erichovis Plan Premium Country  USA   Device Galaxy S7 Edge, Windows 10 Operating System Android 7.0, Windows 10   My Question or Issue   It's been ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Nonesense

Spotify UsernamewardenmisterPlanPremiumCountry USADeviceLG Stylo 2Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue Why are my playlists putting the songs in an album out of order on mobile despite hitting the album order

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify Username wardenmister Plan Premium Country  USA Device LG Stylo 2 Operating System  Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  Why are my playlists putting the ...
  • Jayhawk
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Always On Display s8+

My galaxy s8+ used to always show what my spotify was playing with the artist name and song title but after a simple phone reset it doesn't show that anymore. The attach photo is what it used to look like. I'm just trying to get this back onto my pho...

• Casual Listener
  • My galaxy s8+ used to always show what my spotify was playing with the artist name and song title but after a simple phone reset it doesn't show that anymore. The attach photo is what it used to look...
  • DekuShrub
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts Resetting After Removing Headphones

Spotify UsernamekoladaohioPlanPremiumCountry USDeviceLGv20Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or IssueAlmost everytime I remove my headphones or AUX cable, the podcast I'm listening to restarts to the begining. It makes it really hard to find my ...

• Spotify Username koladaohio Plan Premium Country  US Device LGv20 Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue Almost everytime I remove my headphones or AUX cable, the p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing Artist Bio May 2018 Update

My Question or Issue After the May 2018 "Free User" update, artist bio is longer visible. Was this removed from the free app?Is there still a way to view?

•   My Question or Issue  After the May 2018 "Free User" update, artist bio is longer visible. Was this removed from the free app? Is there still a way to view?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify clicking through filter?

PlanPremium CountryUSA Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue So basically what's happening is that when I go to my playlist and I only want to hear songs by Eric Church or Sara Evans I type in the filter box their name...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium   Country USA   Device  Samsung Galaxy S8   Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  So basically what's happening is that when...
  • Hivro
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify skipping like a scratched CD - have tried multiple things

Hello, I listen to spotify on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S8+) on a daily basis at work, and just within the last month it has started skipping during songs. It's completely random. I've tried all of the suggestions I've read on here so far (uninstallin...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I listen to spotify on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S8+) on a daily basis at work, and just within the last month it has started skipping during songs.  It's completely random. ...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

External HDD desktop to android

I recently purchased an android head unit for my vehicle which supports external HDD via USB. I am wondering if I am able to save playlists from my desktop's spotify to this external HDD (because I have a hardwired connection) and then have the spoti...

• Casual Listener
  •   I recently purchased an android head unit for my vehicle which supports external HDD via USB. I am wondering if I am able to save playlists from my desktop's spotify to this external HDD (bec...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No daily mix

Hello everybody, I have no "daily mix" section in my Spotify account. My Spotify family account is now activated since more than one month, and my boyfriend who use the same family account has got the "daily mix" section since the first week we had t...

• Hello everybody,    I have no "daily mix" section in my Spotify account. My Spotify family account is now activated since more than one month, and my boyfriend who use the same family acc...
  • songassistant
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

(PREMIUM USER) Cant play selected song (thru the playlist search box) only goes random

I am premium user, i can select song i want to play. The problem is when i follow a playlist(include above 50 songs), and i want to search certain song within the playlist thru the search box. When i select it, the spotify doesnt play that song.inste...

• I am premium user, i can select song i want to play. The problem is when i follow a playlist(include above 50 songs), and i want to search certain song within the playlist thru the search box. When i...
  • palerme
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Metadata not being displayed on car screen

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and when I connect Spotify to my car's Bluetooth (BMW 320d F30), the metadata isn't displayed on my car screen. I have the latest software update for my car and had no issues displaying the metadata using my previous ph...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and when I connect Spotify to my car's Bluetooth (BMW 320d F30), the metadata isn't displayed on my car screen. I have the latest software update for my car and had no ...
  • Rolandotreto
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

spotify says i reached max limit for downloaded songs

I have a premium spotify accoun and uses it frequently on my sony xperia z i made an installation of a previous versions of spotify to make it sync to my 64 gb SD card. Then uppgraded version. Then i checked in what playlists i wanted synched to offl...

• I have  a premium spotify accoun and uses it frequently on my sony xperia z    i made an installation of a previous versions of spotify to make it sync to my 64 gb SD card.  ...
  • andypolack
  • Casual Listener
  • 124 replies
  • 27 likes
  • 124 replies
  • 27 likes

Solved!! Constant "now playing" notifications on Android while streaming on PC?

So, I noticed the other day Spotify kept starting up on my phone (Galaxy S6) and showing notifications of what was playing (while I was streaming music on my PC). I cleared the notification, but every time the song changes the notification pops back ...

• Casual Listener
  • So, I noticed the other day Spotify kept starting up on my phone (Galaxy S6) and showing notifications of what was playing (while I was streaming music on my PC). I cleared the notification, but...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 11 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 19 likes

[Android] You are currently set to offline and can't login

Spotify UsernamestratogrrlPlanFree/PremiumCountry Device Operating SystemAndroid v7.0 My Question or Issue Whenever I try to log in to latest updated from Google Play Spotify by either facebook or with username or password I get a dialogwindow with t...

• Regular
  • Spotify Username stratogrrl Plan Free/Premium Country   Device   Operating System Android v7.0   My Question or Issue  Whenever I try to log in to latest updated from ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

premium dosent work

Spotify Username31geu5kdz6euv4zcqooylxpqgeuuPlanPremiumCountryisrael Devicegalaxy a5 2017 My Question or Issuei bought premium and the premium dosent update on my phone device so i bought and im with the free help quick plz

•   Spotify Username 31geu5kdz6euv4zcqooylxpqgeuu Plan Premium Country israel  Device galaxy a5 2017     My Question or Issue i bought premium and the premium dosent upd...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! WHERE IS MY LIBRARY!?

After weeks of being unable to play music on my android (I was "offline" apparently - no I wasnt) I have uninstalled and redownloaded spotify. My phone checks for updates but spotify was coming up with nothing. So I was suprised to find a brand new v...

• Casual Listener
  • After weeks of being unable to play music on my android (I was "offline" apparently - no I wasnt) I have uninstalled and redownloaded spotify. My phone checks for updates but spotify was coming up wi...
  • b-1i_d3c054tu
  • Casual Listener
  • 18 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 8 likes

Loging in in galaxy s8

When i try to log in to my account in the galaxy s8 the account just wont popup its dosent say anything just take me back to the login pageIm for israel

• When i try to log in to my account in the galaxy s8 the account just wont popup its dosent say anything just take me back to the login page Im for israel
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle wont stay on

Spotify Username PlanPremiumCountry NorwayDeviceSony xzOperating SystemAndriod My Question or Issue My spotify refuses to remember that i want it to shuffle, only a song or 2 later it goes back to following the list down

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify Username   Plan Premium Country  Norway Device Sony xz Operating System Andriod   My Question or Issue  My spotify refuses to remember that i want it to shuffl...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Samsung Galaxy Note 5 keep stop goin to next song after play several song

Im using latest version Spotify Premium on Samsung Galaxy note 5. No matter ive tried every way from reinstall - until battery optimize issue, but everything still gone wrong. Im using Spotify already for about 1.5 year, this issue came up at about l...

• Im using latest version Spotify Premium on Samsung Galaxy note 5.   No matter ive tried every way from reinstall - until battery optimize issue, but everything still gone wrong.   Im us...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes