Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks begin to play then stop with message "Track not available"

Tracks begin to play then stop with message "Track not available"

Hi All!

Sorry if this has been answered in another topic. My search skills may not be up to snuff. 

I have a premium account and all my info is up to date, no missed payments, etc. 

So I've run into a bunch of songs on my playlists  which begin to play and then stop after a short time (no longer than 30 seconds) and I recieve the message "Track is not available". These songs fit a variety of descriptions: downloaded, not downloaded, being played when I have wi-fi acess, the error still occurs. These same songs play without error on my PC. Any suggestions as to what could cause the problem or, better yet, fix the problem?  

In terms of troubleshooting I have tried logging out and  back in on my mobile device, reinstalling Spotify, redownloading the playlists. No change yet. 

Thanks! 

6 Replies

The best guess would be that your cache has become corrupted. Can you try another reinstall but clear the cache from the android setting/apps as part of the uninstall.

Hey Joe!

Tried your suggestion. The cache was actually empty. I still did another re-install. A song that wasn't working before now does but a few other still don't play. For example Mana's "Somos Mar y Arena" plays for 5 seconds and stops on my phone. Works fine on the PC. 

Andy 

Time for drastic action then. Please follow the instructions in this post for performing a clean reinstall, paying particular attention to deleting the cache folders. Please let me know if that helps.

Hey Joe, 

I'm currently on step 8 and looking for the  com.spotify.mobile.android.ui  folders using my file manager. That folder doesn't exist after the uninstall (Have done search and looked through most directories) . Should I continue with the rest of the steps? This will not be any different that my other installs other than restarting my phone. Will it have much a of difference? 

Andy

Hmmm.......if the folder isn't there then something else is going wrong. You're not using any sort of utility which might be messing with the spotify cache are you?

Nope, nothing that could affect the installation. Only more songs added recently seem to be having this problem. I will keep trying various things. Thanks for the followup. 

Suggested posts