Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify for Desktop and Android not updating after last update..

I don't know if there are more people with this problem? But my playlists don't update anymore I for instance changed my favorites but on my android phone it does not reflect the songs I have in my desktop.

• Casual Listener
  • I don't know if there are more people with this problem? But my playlists don't update anymore I for instance changed my favorites but on my android phone it does not reflect the songs I have in my d...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android App
    Spotify
    Update
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Switching to Google All Access due to poor Android support

So i am not posting to cuase trouble.... I just really want Spotify to know why i am switching...... The android player is so bad i had to cancel my service a few time in the past just becuase i could bearly stand to use it. The Google player isnt pe...

• Music Fan
  • So i am not posting to cuase trouble.... I just really want Spotify to know why i am switching...... The android player is so bad i had to cancel my service a few time in the past just becuase i coul...
  • smelico
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

no music when offline..

Hi there, i am currently using a samsung s3 for spotify. And whenever i turn on spotify on my mobile without internet, no offline songs are available. I have to connect to the internet to get up all my songs, and after i connect to the internet and a...

• Hi there, i am currently using a samsung s3 for spotify. And whenever i turn on spotify on my mobile without internet, no offline songs are available. I have to connect to the internet to get up all ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong Email on my Spotify Account

Hi - I've just logged in and noticed the email account registered to my spotify premium account is wrong, but I never noticed as I always logged in via Facebook. I tried to update it myself, but can only do this by entering my spotify password which ...

• Visitor
  • Hi - I've just logged in and noticed the email account registered to my spotify premium account is wrong, but I never noticed as I always logged in via Facebook. I tried to update it myself, but can ...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Charged for free Trial.

I signed up for the 30 day free trial. I was charged for this and again as it supposedly had not worked the first time. Can you please sort this with a refund and I will cancel the subscription immediately.

• Casual Listener
  • I signed up for the 30 day free trial. I was charged for this and again as it supposedly had not worked the first time. Can you please sort this with a refund and I will cancel the subscription immed...
  • nooners4
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music often interrupted by loud noise

Recently when I play music through my Android Phone (Samsung Galaxy I9000) the music is sometimes interrupted by a loud, nerve-recking, belling noise. Sounds like when you put maximum volume on an amp and have the wire from that amp stuck in some pow...

• Regular
  • Recently when I play music through my Android Phone (Samsung Galaxy I9000) the music is sometimes interrupted by a loud, nerve-recking, belling noise. Sounds like when you put maximum volume on an am...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! how do you sync offline music from your computer to your phone?

is it possible when you've downloaded music on your computer to sync this music to your phone or other devices?

• is it possible when you've downloaded music on your computer to sync this music to your phone or other devices?
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Only half of my playlist downloads

Got a new phone and downloaded one my playlists (365 songs). It seemed like it downloaded normally but a week later I noticed Spotify had used up nearly 1 GB of data. Since I only listen to my downloaded playlist, I thought this was weird. Apparently...

• Got a new phone and downloaded one my playlists (365 songs). It seemed like it downloaded normally but a week later I noticed Spotify had used up nearly 1 GB of data. Since I only listen to my downlo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Landscape mode update

People are screaming out for it and the only update I can find is from well over a year ago at http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Landscape-orientation-on-Mobile/idi-p/691 Can anyone at Spotify give us an answer as to whether this has got ...

• Regular
  • People are screaming out for it and the only update I can find is from well over a year ago at http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Landscape-orientation-on-Mobile/idi-p/691   ...
  • miljbee
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.6.0.20)

What's new in this version: Fixed: Some users were getting stuck on a white screen at startup. Fixed: Some users were unable to start the app. Note: If you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go through the [Android] Troubles...

• Spotify Legend
  • What's new in this version:   Fixed: Some users were getting stuck on a white screen at startup. Fixed: Some users were unable to start the app.   Note: If you're having troub...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Android Resume in Playlist

Whenever I come back to Spotify for android it seams to have compleatly forgotten what playlist I was in and whereI am up to. I find this really anoying having it starting all the way back at the beginning of the playlist. Is there any option to remb...

• Regular
  • Whenever I come back to Spotify for android it seams to have compleatly forgotten what playlist I was in and whereI am up to. I find this really anoying having it starting all the way back at the b...
  • troypjones
  • Regular
  • 20 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 2 likes

White screen when trying to open spotify using android on htc one v

White screen when opening spotify using android on htc one v. Works fine on my iPad. Pls help and explain solution in easy to understand language as I'm not technical in any way. Tried restarting phone, clearing from memory still no luck.

• Casual Listener
  • White screen when opening spotify using android on htc one v. Works fine on my iPad. Pls help and explain solution in easy to understand language as I'm not technical in any way. Tried restarting pho...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth Audio showing wrong song

I am using the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket with Android version 4.1.2 (official ROM) and Spotify version 0.6.0.20. I have my phone connected with Bluetooth Audio to my Toyota Sequoia and Tesla Model S (both of which support Bluetooth Audio). My ...

• Regular
  • I am using the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket with Android version 4.1.2 (official ROM) and Spotify version 0.6.0.20.  I have my phone connected with Bluetooth Audio to my Toyota Sequoia a...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music pauses

Hi, When I start a song, it pauses itself after just a few seconds. I then try to start the music again, with the same outcome. How quickly it pauses, has escalated over time. I tried to reinstall Spotify on my mobile, but it had no effect. My phone ...

• Regular
  • Hi,    When I start a song, it pauses itself after just a few seconds. I then try to start the music again, with the same outcome. How quickly it pauses, has escalated over time. I...
  • JensR
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Playlists won't fully Download

Hi, a couple days ago I had to factory reset my android. So I had to reinstall Spotify. While trying to redownload the the playlists, I discovered that it wasn't letting me fully download them. It is not a disk space issue as I still have over 10 GB ...

• Regular
  • Hi, a couple days ago I had to factory reset my android. So I had to reinstall Spotify. While trying to redownload the the playlists, I discovered that it wasn't letting me fully download them. It is...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Datenvolume

Wird der Datenvolume nur dann nicht auf den Monatsdatenvolume angerechnet, wenn man sich über T-Mobil registriert ?

• Wird der Datenvolume nur dann nicht auf den Monatsdatenvolume angerechnet, wenn man sich über T-Mobil registriert ?
  • smelico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No songs in my playlists on my phone

Hi there, I have spotify premium but a few days ago it has been having problems on my Samsung Galaxy S. I have playlists made and are working fine on my computer, however on my phone it shows 0 songs in the playlists. I am not sure what the problem i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I have spotify premium but a few days ago it has been having problems on my Samsung Galaxy S. I have playlists made and are working fine on my computer, however on my phone it shows 0 son...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My Ford Touch + Spotify

Hey Everyone, I just purchased a new Ford vehicle and unfortunately it doesn't contain AppLink for whatever reason. While Ford "develops an update" to support AppLink again, I have been using the bluetooth mode to stream music. However, in doing so, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Everyone,   I just purchased a new Ford vehicle and unfortunately it doesn't contain AppLink for whatever reason.  While Ford "develops an update" to support AppLink again, I have bee...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify's outstanding issues, PLEASE FIX IT!!!!!

I've been on Spotify Android for over a year now, and I'm simply amazed at Spotify's lack of dedication to a quality music listening experience. These issues are STILL outstanding, and absolutely [Swearing] ANNOYING. Can you seriously tell me that Sp...

• Gig Goer
  •       I've been on Spotify Android for over a year now, and I'm simply amazed at Spotify's lack of dedication to a quality music listening experience.  These issues are STIL...
  • KemikalElite
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes