Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trying to download songs to external sd card

Solved!

Trying to download songs to external sd card

My cellphone's internal memory is almost full, is there any way that I can save my downloaded music to my sd card? I read a guide on the help section of the website (https://support.spotify.com/us/article/storage-and-data-information/?ref=related), however when I go to settings there are no storage options. If anyone can provide some clarification, I would appreciate it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

1. Uninstall Spotify.

2. Install Spotify.

3. Go to your phone's app settings & grant Spotify storage permissions.

4. In your phone settings, unmount and remount your external storage/card.

5. Launch Spotify and in settings check that the storage option is now listed. Set where you want it to save your music data ie SD Card.

Extra steps.

1. Uninstall Spotify.

2. Install Spotify.

3. Go to Spotify settings, and select option to delete all data. This only applies locally to the phone.

4. Go to your phone's app settings and force stop Spotify, clear its cache also.

5. Go to your phone's app settings & grant Spotify storage permissions.

6. In your phone settings, unmount and remount your external storage/card.

7. Launch Spotify and in settings check that the storage option is now listed. Set where you want it to save your music data ie SD Card.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

1. Uninstall Spotify.

2. Install Spotify.

3. Go to your phone's app settings & grant Spotify storage permissions.

4. In your phone settings, unmount and remount your external storage/card.

5. Launch Spotify and in settings check that the storage option is now listed. Set where you want it to save your music data ie SD Card.

Extra steps.

1. Uninstall Spotify.

2. Install Spotify.

3. Go to Spotify settings, and select option to delete all data. This only applies locally to the phone.

4. Go to your phone's app settings and force stop Spotify, clear its cache also.

5. Go to your phone's app settings & grant Spotify storage permissions.

6. In your phone settings, unmount and remount your external storage/card.

7. Launch Spotify and in settings check that the storage option is now listed. Set where you want it to save your music data ie SD Card.

Thanks for the help! For some reason it still does not show the storage options on the spotify settings menu, however I followed the steps you provided and it now seems to automatically download to the sd card.

Suggested posts