Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

i can't log in because it say's i'm offline

i can't log in to my spotify apps and it keep saying my account is offline. it requested to connect online but when i press that , it doesn't work at all. but when i try to log in in my spotify desktop, i don't have any problem because it's logged in...

• i can't log in to my spotify apps and it keep saying my account is offline. it requested to connect online but when i press that , it doesn't work at all. but when i try to log in in my spotify deskt...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lista de canciones bloqueadas

Hola! Sin querer bloquie algunas canciones en la aplicación, pero no se como desbloquearlas, necesito ayuda

• Hola! Sin querer bloquie algunas canciones en la aplicación, pero no se como desbloquearlas, necesito ayuda
  • Aleydayak
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 29 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 29 likes

Play for first 10 seconds then stop

hi im using Premium account and i have this problem everytime i stream that aren't saved offline will only play for the first 10 seconds. i have to switch to another song and back to full streamed again. and it happens on next song as well tried to r...

• hi im using Premium account and i have this problem   everytime i stream that aren't saved offline will only play for the first 10 seconds. i have to switch to another song and back to full st...
  • sondr
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app stops and starts randomly

With the new update for android: 6.9.0.1212 armV7, the app randomly stops and starts in the middle of songs. The frequency of the stopping and starting varies from 3-4 times per song, to every other song. The app stops, pauses for 1/4-3 seconds, and ...

• With the new update for android: 6.9.0.1212 armV7, the app randomly stops and starts in the middle of songs. The frequency of the stopping and starting varies from 3-4 times per song, to every other ...
  • Caddie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • resume
    start
    stop
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android app not working well at all

With update 8.4.38 nothing on my s8+ works anymore..I did a soft reset, hard reset, uninstall-reinstall and no fixes. I get random songs and play lists I've never played..it plays at random times..and I lost all my downloaded songs and playlists..ple...

• Casual Listener
  • With update 8.4.38 nothing on my s8+ works anymore..I did a soft reset, hard reset, uninstall-reinstall and no fixes. I get random songs and play lists I've never played..it plays at random times..an...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android update
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Offline song lagging

The songs i played offline are randomly lagging and buffering.i tried reinstall the app but it doesn't help.(huawei mate 9)

• The songs i played offline are randomly lagging and buffering. i tried reinstall the app but it doesn't help. (huawei mate 9)
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution After updating spotify, all offline songs are missing

Hello, every time when i update my spotify app, all my downloaded songs are lost.So i need to download all of them manually. Its very bad, because do not have wlan every time... Thanks a lot,Dennis

• Hello,   every time when i update my spotify app, all my downloaded songs are lost. So i need to download all of them manually. Its very bad, because do not have wlan every time...   T...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App just closing on Pixel 2 XL

Hi! I have a 128GB Pixel 2 XL, on Android 8.1 Oreo All of a sudden, I can be playing a song and the app will just close.. it's not the app "stopping" where it generates a feedback popup.. the app just quits, and when I reopen it, it rememebrs right w...

• Hi! I have a 128GB Pixel 2 XL, on Android 8.1 Oreo   All of a sudden, I can be playing a song and the app will just close.. it's not the app "stopping" where it generates a feedback popup.. th...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Dangerous woman Ariana Grande offline problem

Hi,When i save offline Dangerous Woman Ariana Grande song's I listen another song instead of original song. Can you help me? Thanks

• Hi,When i save offline Dangerous Woman Ariana Grande song's I listen another song instead of original song. Can you help me? Thanks
  • jacobarmes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App closes after about 15 minutes being paused

Hello there, My question is, how do I keep Spotify from shutting off after about 15 minutes of being paused? (clearing from the notification bar) I've first noticed this at work.. I keep my phone in my pocket and wear a Bluetooth headset which has th...

• Hello there,  My question is, how do I keep Spotify from shutting off after about 15 minutes of being paused? (clearing from the notification bar)  I've first noticed this at work.. ...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution What happened to the equalizer in the latest Android app?

Just noticed that the equalizer is gone from settings in the latest app. I was already on the latest version, but I uninstalled and reinstalled anyway. No difference. Help on the website still shows equalizer setting as available in Android app. Goog...

• Casual Listener
  • Just noticed that the equalizer is gone from settings in the latest app.  I was already on the latest version, but I uninstalled and reinstalled anyway.  No difference.  Help on the we...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume flactuating

Hello everyone, I bought a new phone, a Huawei Y7 to be specific and whenever I play any song, the volume keeps increasing and decreasing, it's very annoying. It only happens on spotify. Any help is appreciated. Thanks~

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone,   I bought a new phone, a Huawei Y7 to be specific and whenever I play any song, the volume keeps increasing and decreasing, it's very annoying. It only happens on spotify. Any...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps pausing (even after trying all fixes)

Even after trying all the fixes I could find for the issue, I could not fix this problem. I've tried:Turning off wifiTurning off bluetoothConnecting to a different wifiReinstallingChanging power saving settingsRestartingClearing caches None of this d...

• Casual Listener
  • Even after trying all the fixes I could find for the issue, I could not fix this problem. I've tried: Turning off wifi Turning off bluetooth Connecting to a different wifi Reinstalling Changing ...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect Shared WiFi Issues

I'm currently using Android 6.0.1 and using the current version of Spotify as of 04/07/2017. My issue is I work in a building that has shared WiFi which I and some other employees use. Whenever I log into my spotify it constantly stops,this is due to...

• I'm currently using Android 6.0.1 and using the current version of Spotify as of 04/07/2017. My issue is I work in a building that has shared WiFi which I and some other employees use. Whenever I log...
  • morbandit
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode not working

I have tried everything, but offline modelo is not working anyway. I hace android, please help!

• I have tried everything, but offline modelo is not working anyway. I hace android, please help!
  • bruijn284
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Media Control Buttons not working

I am having issues contolling music using the music controls on bluetooth and on my wired headphones. This started happening a few weeks back when the app was updated. When I press one of the control buttons, the music does not change or play/pause. ...

• I am having issues contolling music using the music controls on bluetooth and on my wired headphones.   This started happening a few weeks back when the app was updated.  When I pres...
  • hjorleifur
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Android 7.1
    Android App
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8
    Troubleshooting
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes

Bankrekening wilt niet veranderen

Beste Spotify medewerkers,Vandaag is het de 5e!!!!! Keer dat ik mijn bankrekening probeer te veranderen. Ik ben er al vanaf november mee bezig. Ik betaal elke keer 1 cent via iDEAL om van mijn ABN rekening over te stappen naar mijn ING bank. Helaas l...

• Beste Spotify medewerkers, Vandaag is het de 5e!!!!! Keer dat ik mijn bankrekening probeer te veranderen. Ik ben er al vanaf november mee bezig. Ik betaal elke keer 1 cent via iDEAL om van mijn ABN ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth car controls suddenly not working.

Hi all, I'm encountering this problem for the second time, whereby my in-car controls (on the steering wheel) suddenly, out of the blue , stop working. Volume toggle still works but the button to skip next track/previous track doesn't work. This happ...

• Hi all,  I'm encountering this problem for the second time, whereby my in-car controls (on the steering wheel) suddenly, out of the blue , stop working. Volume toggle still works but the button...
  • stu_reyn
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs downloading extremely slowly

I'm currently using Spotify 7.5.0.1076 on Android 7.1.1. I have Spotify premium and I've previously been able to download songs very quickly to my phone to play offline. However, for the past few weeks songs have been downloading extremely slowly. Fo...

• I'm currently using Spotify 7.5.0.1076 on Android 7.1.1. I have Spotify premium and I've previously been able to download songs very quickly to my phone to play offline. However, for the past few wee...
  • Jbeau72
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

cant link my spotify accnt to facebook

im trying to link my spotify to my fb account but im getting an error what to do?

• im trying to link my spotify to my fb account but im getting an error what to do?
  • Zorori
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes