Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Being charged data usage for streaming videos but I've never watched a video?

Hi thereHoping someone can help. My service provider offers free data for spotify but only for audio streaming. I have never watched a video on spotify before but they are saying that I have been streaming videos? How can I make sure that I am only s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there Hoping someone can help.  My service provider offers free data for spotify but only for audio streaming.  I have never watched a video on spotify before but they are saying that I...
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford B-Max Sync and Spotify

I have some problems. I have installed Spotify in 2 phones. When I use a phone I need everytime search new app in Ford Sync because I don't see Spotify app. After it's not possible to change songs in phone but only with car. Why???

• Regular
  • I have some problems. I have installed Spotify in 2 phones. When I use a phone I need everytime search new app in Ford Sync because I don't see Spotify app. After it's not possible to change songs in...
  • Clabs1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

local files without premium

I don't have spotify premium but I would like to add local files to my mobile device (android 7.0) is there any other way than to download the playlist as I cannot download songs?

• I don't have spotify premium but I would like to add local files to my mobile device (android 7.0) is there any other way than to download the playlist as I cannot download songs?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast devices not visible unless I force-close app and relaunch.

At least half the time I use spotify on my android devices, my chromecasts (1 video and 2 audio) are not visible unless I either force-close and relaunch the app, reconnect wifi, or both. Other apps have no difficulty detecting chromecasts on the net...

• At least half the time I use spotify on my android devices, my chromecasts (1 video and 2 audio) are not visible unless I either force-close and relaunch the app, reconnect wifi, or both. Other apps ...
  • mapex
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Scrobbling / Last.fm support using Chromecast Audio

I would love to get a Chromecast Audio, but I really enjoy tracking my songs via Last.fm. Will the songs you listen to be scrobbled (i.e. submitted to last.fm) when you are streaming or casting via the Chromecast Audio? And if not, are there any work...

• Music Fan
  •   I would love to get a Chromecast Audio, but I really enjoy tracking my songs via Last.fm. Will the songs you listen to be scrobbled (i.e. submitted to last.fm) when you are streaming or ...
  • SubzeroSC
  • Roadie
  • 70 replies
  • 71 likes
  • 70 replies
  • 71 likes

Downgraded search function? Search by year etc.

Just noticed that the 'year:1998' search function no longer works in the android app. Genre:indie and label:epitaph searches still work. The Spotify help Twitter account have confirmed you can't search by year in the android app. Why remove this func...

• Casual Listener
  • Just noticed that the 'year:1998' search function no longer works in the android app. Genre:indie and label:epitaph searches still work. The Spotify help Twitter account have confirmed you can't sear...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Equalize, more bass

Hi! I have a question. I use spotify on android huawei honor phone. How can i hear more bass. I have seen in the setting quality of music but its an other thing. Thank you!

• Hi!   I have a question. I use spotify on android huawei honor phone. How can i hear more bass. I have seen in the setting quality of music but its an other thing.    Thank you!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Stockage important

BonjourL'appli Spotify utilise 10 Go sur ma carte SD alors que je n'ai telecharge aucun titre, tout juste une dizaine d'album sauvegarde dans mes playlists. Je suis loin des 1Go preconises.Merci de votre aide.Willy

• Bonjour L'appli Spotify utilise 10 Go sur ma carte SD alors que je n'ai telecharge aucun titre, tout juste une dizaine d'album sauvegarde dans mes playlists. Je suis loin des 1Go preconises. Merci ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify connect problem but only with my account

My spotify connect is not working properly - i use my android phone to connect to various devices, and can start the music but after some time (usually after switching to another app and back to spotify), the playback controls within the spotify app ...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify connect is not working properly - i use my android phone to connect to various devices, and can start the music but after some time (usually after switching to another app and back to spot...
  • Elplutoniano
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Lost a song that I added

I added a song a few days ago that I thought was really good to my saved songs (clicking the check). I guess the internet swapped later on during the day and when my phone went to offline mode it deleted the song from the list. The song was in my Dai...

• Casual Listener
  • I added a song a few days ago that I thought was really good to my saved songs (clicking the check). I guess the internet swapped later on during the day and when my phone went to offline mode it del...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Dots for information are too close to scroll bar

So the dots to look into the songs settings on the mobile app are so close to the scroll bar that when you go to click them the page jumps super far down. Simply adjusting where the little dots go could help make this not be so annoying to users on t...

• So the dots to look into the songs settings on the mobile app are so close to the scroll bar that when you go to click them the page jumps super far down. Simply adjusting where the little dots go co...
  • amirism
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Android - Volume?

Hi,Have searched and do not find an answer. Using V8.4.39.673 on a Galaxy S5 I do not see where to turn up the volume. Have looked in settings, on the track where the album art shows...cannot find it. Help please

• Hi, Have searched and do not find an answer. Using V8.4.39.673 on a Galaxy S5 I do not see where to turn up the volume. Have looked in settings, on the track where the album art shows...cannot find ...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts no longer save how much you've listened to

I've been listening to podcasts through Spotify for nearly a year now, and in the last few weeks, the feature has been pretty much completely broken. If I listen to some of a podcast, close the app, then begin listening to the podcast again, it start...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been listening to podcasts through Spotify for nearly a year now, and in the last few weeks, the feature has been pretty much completely broken. If I listen to some of a podcast, close the app, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto: Annoying message during scrolling

Hello Spotify,I'm using Android Auto in my VW Golf 7. When I connect my Galaxy S8 to Anroid auto and start spotify I'm getting the following problem:When I switch playlist or scroll within a playlist during drinving I get the following message (trans...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify, I'm using Android Auto in my VW Golf 7. When I connect my Galaxy S8 to Anroid auto and start spotify I'm getting the following problem: When I switch playlist or scroll within a play...
  • Notta79
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Move songs to SD card and delete original download on phone memory

Hi there. I have moved my downloaded songs from the phone's internal memory to my SD card. The songs are now on my SDcard but it seems that Spotify made a copy and left the original downloads on the phone's memory. How can I be sure the songs are not...

• Hi there. I have moved my downloaded songs from the phone's internal memory to my SD card. The songs are now on my SDcard but it seems that Spotify made a copy and left the original downloads on the ...
  • 200gbcantF__use
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Download to SD card

I have a nokia 6. I just got a 200gb SD card and I would like to store my Spotify music on it because the internal storage of my phone is not big enough. I have tried downloading older versions of Spotify that were supposed to allow you to change the...

• Regular
  • I have a nokia 6. I just got a 200gb SD card and I would like to store my Spotify music on it because the internal storage of my phone is not big enough. I have tried downloading older versions of Sp...
  • 200gbcantF__use
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Local File Sync on Android

So im trying to download a 4 song album on my android smartphone that I imported on my PC. I have been up and down this topic on the community for hours and nothing seems to work. If anyone knows how to sync music on an Android device, I am all ears....

• Casual Listener
  • So im trying to download a 4 song album on my android smartphone that I imported on my PC. I have been up and down this topic on the community for hours and nothing seems to work. If anyone knows how...
  • Bassplayer96
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Ability to see which of my playlists a song is in

Hello I have noticed recently that when creating new playlists from the "add to playlist" function, the playlist name does not autocomplete with the band/album name. This has been a feature since Spotify first began but all of a sudden it's stopped. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   I have noticed recently that when creating new playlists from the "add to playlist" function, the playlist name does not autocomplete with the band/album name.   This has been a...
  • Chriso234
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Why did my uhq and tube amp features stop working?

I have premium and all of a sudden my sound quality enhancer stopped working? Anybody know what to do?

• I have premium and all of a sudden my sound quality enhancer stopped working? Anybody know what to do?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Deleting music listening history

I let my sister use my Spotify account for the better part of a year while I was not using it, and we listen to vastly different music. I am now the sole user of the account and I loved the features where I could get weekly recommendations from Spoti...

• I let my sister use my Spotify account for the better part of a year while I was not using it, and we listen to vastly different music. I am now the sole user of the account and I loved the features ...
  • georgekaz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes