Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to download podcasts - Android

Unable to download podcasts - Android

Plan: Premium (Family)

App Version: 8.5.76.962 (I did a re-install recently)

Device: Pixel 3

Operating System: Android 11

Hello,

Recently, I have been unable to download podcasts through the app. The podcast will attempt to download for a few seconds, then display an error icon (see attached pictures). My issue seems very similar to this one which was solved, but does not seem to work for me.

Things I've tried: I have the latest version of the app available in the Play Store and have recently done a clean install. I have also rebooted my phone, but still get the error. I looked through my app settings, but did not see anything obvious that would prevent me from downloading. I have downloaded podcasts in the past through the app. 

Has anyone else also seen this? 

3 Replies

Hey there @StuartM1,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry for the delayed reply, we just came across this thread.

Are you still having this issue? Let us know if you're running the latest version of the app.

If you still can't download podcasts, tell us if it's all the podcasts or a specific podcast (send us a link/URI), and if none of the episodes of the podcast are downloadable.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Alex,

My app has updated a few times since my original post. I am now on version 8.5.80.1037.

I tried to download some episodes this morning and had the same issue on 3/5 podcasts (multiple episodes from each podcast). The ones that worked worked for multiple episodes from that podcast, and the ones that didn't didn't for any episodes I tried. 

- Malicious Life (worked)

- Reply All (worked)

- The Tech Guy (Audio) (didn't work)

- The Dave Chang Show (didn't work)

- Darknet Diaries (didn't work)

Interestingly, if I leave a particular episode that failed to download (do not tap it again when I receive the error), it will try to download again at a later time and is often successful. 

Regards,

Stuart

Hi @StuartM1,

Thanks for the info and letting us know which podcast your having issues with.

Since this is happening on multiple podcasts there might be an issue with the way your device handles storing the information. 

Could you try to clear the Spotify app cache following the instructions from this article and then change the location of your Downloads to a different folder or your phone's internal memory if you're using an SD card (and vice versa).

Also, does this occur both on Wi-Fi and Mobile data. If you don't have an unlimited mobile data plan you could try connecting to another public Wi-Fi network and check whether the app behaves the same way.

Thanks for going through this troubleshooting process with us 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts