Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to use Spotify on Android Wear and Bluetooth headset

Solved!

Unable to use Spotify on Android Wear and Bluetooth headset

Hi all,

I have seen constant complaints about spotify not working with bluetooth headset and android wear.

I have a Huawei Y550, 4.4.4 with a bluetooth headset and LG Urbane Android Watch. I can play music through the headset but can't play/pause. No controls work on the android wear either, nothing shows up.

Honestly I contacted Spotify support, who were not helpful in anyway.

Is there any advise on how to resolve this or is 4.4.4 a big part in this issue?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Your possibly right at it is working with other devices. Good excuse for an upgrade 😀

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi everyone,

Back giving an update for those in the same issue.

Everything works perfect on Android 5 and above. Must have been 4.4.4 that was the issue.

Regards

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Works fine for me. Can you try re-syncing the apps to your wear watch using the Android Wear application on the phone to trigger the sync?

Android Troubleshooting:

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your answer.

I have checked this on a work colleagus phone which is Apple which works fine and on another on Android Huawei latest OS works fine.

How about reinstalling the Spotify app on your device? To get a completely clean install can you follow the troubleshooting guide linked in my signature?

Android Troubleshooting:

Trust me, I've tried it all, lol.

I've wipe the phone completely, no OS and reinstalled numerous times. Installed the app so many times, even resynced the earphones and smartwatch, but nothing works.

I think it's the OS on the phone. I will get another phone with the latest OS and that should fix the issue.

Cheers again

Marked as solution

Your possibly right at it is working with other devices. Good excuse for an upgrade 😀

Android Troubleshooting:
Marked as solution

Hi everyone,

Back giving an update for those in the same issue.

Everything works perfect on Android 5 and above. Must have been 4.4.4 that was the issue.

Regards

I am no expert but from what I read of your problem...as far as I can tell, if the watch requires a Bluetooth connection to the phone to use Spotify, it cannot also be connect to headphones via Bluetooth. Only wired headphones.

Same thing with me and I'm running android 7.0

I'm having the very same issue, have an S7 edge with andoid version 7.0 although my phone has been requesting an update for past couple of days and only now getting round to backing it all up before updating.

I have a fossil gen2 and I can't pause or play using the watch although I can skip tracks or change volume. I also have sony bluetooth headphones which until I connected my watch to my phone, the play/pause function worked. Now it doesn't.

I'll let you know if this new android update changes anything for me but if not then I will be cancelling spotify and going with google music

I have an s6 that's fully updated and Sony headphones and a Sony smartwatch
3 and I can turn up the volume and down but no pause

Still a thing? No play/pause. Skip to next works. Bump.

I'm having the same issue. I have a fossil q Marshall smart watch connected to a Samsung galaxy s8 running Android 7.1.1 and the volume buttons and the skip/back buttons work but not the play/pause buttons on the watch.

Suggested posts