Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Undownloaded tracks remain on phone

Undownloaded tracks remain on phone

If I undownload a playlist, no memory is freed up on my phone. I then download it again and the memory has increased.

Apologies if this is a known problem but help appreciated.

Cheers

p.s. Latest version of spotify, Galaxy s3

3 Replies

This is a known problem (if that's the correct word in this situation).

The files will disappear after a while. No one from Spotify has been able to explain exactly how this process work's or how long it takes. Different Spotify reps. have speculated anything from a few hours to a couple of days before the files are finally deleted.

The idea is that there is a grace period so if you change your mind you don't need to download all the files again. I would much rather have a couple of warning messages that state that you will lose data if you continue. Hopefully Spotify will change this in the future.

It would be good if someone from Spotify could end all the speculation and tell us once an for all just how this is supposed to work.

Makes sense now! Thanks a lot Steve 🙂 Agree with you on the warnings rather than the subtle grace period.

Will keep an eye and report back if anything's majorly different.

I have had the same problem with a Galaxy S2. I undownloaded some playlists a week ago but no memory has been freed up. If uninstalling Spotify completely is the only solution I think I will drop my Premium subscription altogether.

Suggested posts