Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unknown devices in "show available devices" and playlists disappear & strange ones appear.

Unknown devices in "show available devices" and playlists disappear & strange ones appear.

I sent question already more than week ago to Spotify support. No response. I sent new one now in email and decided to add also here to forum.

There is something wrong with Spotify after creating facebook account. I did not join it with Spotify. After creating facebook account problems started. Issue active now more than one month.

My starred offline tracks keep on disappearing and strange playlists appear, this has been issue now more than month. I cleaned playlists today, but left one if support wants to see. I think my account is somehow able to control some other devices playlists. New playlists name is "F**K YOU B***H STOP DELETING MY S**T". I havent created that.

In show available devices I really see devices that are not mine. TMMMMMMMMM, tMMMMM and Tims iPad are visible at the moment. I think they are able delete my playlists and me theirs. You really have some big problems in Spotify, I can delete someone elses music and they can delete mine!!!!! Or what am I doing wrong?

I removed spotify from device and removed all offline devices from webpage (there was one ipad in there and I dont have any), and after this reinstalled Spotify. No help. Using spotify in Win7 computers and Android phones, old ones tough, 3.2 and 2.3.3.

Sotka_FIN

37 Replies

I got reply now from support and continue with their instructions.

What was the solution? I currently have the same problem and its making Spotify unusable.

From webpage log out everything and reset your password.

*really* annoying. Session corruption? This seems to be a design flaw on Spotify's end and has been going on a long time.

This isn't f*cking "solved" Spotify. It's 100% unacceptable, and it's been going on for weeks, clearly with multiple people. Either fix it immediately, or cancel my account. Trust me, you're not the only option for live streaming music.

Workaround was to delete all devices from spotify webpage and change password. It will clear your issue.

Same here, thinking of Apple Music

Same here. Removing devices, logging out from all devices and changing password didn't help... I'm sharing somehow account with someone from Russia oO (Russian music on his playlist) and I think, he is as confused as I am. Only thing stopping me now from migration to another service is Spotify Linux client. Bad, but other services don't have even bad desktop clients for Linux.

This is bulll**bleep** problem that wont go away.  Lack of Customer Service by phone is unaccetable.  I have recently also got a password change request IN GERMAN!!

I have also deleted all devices and changed password, yet there is always one device that keeps showing up and forcefully stealing the playback.

I suggest you use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Hi Joe,

This security threat is still persisting for many people and I assume all spotify users. Can you escalate it so it is actually addressed?

I'm just an ordinary user - I don't have access to spotify staff so the contact form is the way to go. What would you suggest to "fix" this problem anyway? The fix is quick and easy - change password then log out all devices. In the event this doesn't work, contact spotify.

From what I've seen, spotify accounts are hijacked because users use the same log in credentials on other less secure sites and services. Hackers will steal these credentials and publish them for all to see and, unfortunately, spotify is a prime target for trying stolen emails and passwords.

So, if there is a "security threat" it is the users themselves in most cases 😞

Oh, I would add that this happened to me when a forum I use was hacked so I used to be just as bad but I learned from it.

I've never shared my login credentials. I've noticed this problem of 'unknown devices' since spotify connect began. I'll add that it became such a problem that I finally emailed support and they deleted all my info including cc and rest my password because they assumed the problem was that someone had taken over my account. 

I'm now confident that this is a bug and a security issue since it persists for so many users. https://www.google.com/search?q=unknown+device+available+spotify+connect

What I'm pretty sure is happening is that since spotify connect works like wifi it's somehow allowing random devices to access any account, just like how bluetooth works. But this is obviously a problem since you don't want to just connect to any device available, you want to connect only to known devices. 

I'm emailing with support but getting a bunch of the same cookie cutter solutions for what seems like a bug/terrible design issue.

Dear Everyone out there, i have a problem with an unknown device, in my devices list, i've logged out, reset PW, but i cant' remove it ?? Can someone help ??

T H A N K S

This is a huge security vulnerability. What are you doing spotify? This has to be escalated. It is not solved yet

Same sh*t here... I went through the procedure 2 times - logout all devices, change pass, contact support 2 times, once I had to prove I am the owner, second time just cc was wiped out again and... guess what it still shows from time to time the same "Bedroom" accoun using its Chromecast. I think Spotify has some serious bugs with authentication and they mix accounts. It is not hackers that do something.

Currently when the other device "steal" the focus of the device. When I select back my device the other one disappear at once. So... serious bug with some hashes that they use to authenticate players I think.

I have cleared cache on the setting and then re log in, but this strange device keep appearing with some play list that is not me. How did you exactly have it solved???

Oh hey wait, I just upgrade my apps after I deleted the cache. Version 8.0.0.805 i believe. Seems work. The connected devices list is empty. No strange device anymore.

Or I'll let u know later if it doesn't.

Suggested posts