Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Unwanted songs appearing on my personal playlists

Solved!

Unwanted songs appearing on my personal playlists

Hallo Spotify Community

I have a problem of unwanted songs being played on my personal playlists even in offline mode with no option to like, dislike or remove suggested songs permantly from my playlist. I have even unfollowed the artist of those particular songs and my playlist is non collaborative. I don't know what else to check in my playlist settings. I am running app in a recent version off android on smartphone and tablet.

For an example of what appears on my screen see enclosed attachment.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Screenshot_20171028-145946.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Oh, I'm sorry. I was thinking you were a free user for some reason. There is an option in spotify's settings enigmatically called "autoplay" which is enabled by default. Turning it off should prevent tracks being added to your playlists. 

Apologies for my confusion.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Do you have a premium subscription?

Yes

As it says here, "Sometimes you'll hear a mix of similar tracks from other artists to what you're playing.". The only solution is to subscribe.

I am a subscribed user. I think I have found a solution though. I was able to go into list view mode and then on right hand side their was an option to remove track from list. This was on my tablet with Android version 7. My one smartphone was version 6.0 so maybe that might be a factor. I still don't know how they came in list in first place. Possibly when I was an unsubscribed free user or when I started following Massive Attack but I still find it strange that in normal playing mode the remove option did not exist in at least the latest version of android on my tablet.

If you read the article I linked you to, you'll see that mobile phones are treated differently from PCs and tablets.

I just double checked my smartphone and I found that option as well. I still find it strange that in some of the playlists the like or dislike option appears on both tablet and smartphone in normal playing mode and in other playlists the option is not there,  why is that? These are all of my own personal playlists and I repeat that I have a paid premium account and I have had this problem in offline mode as well which means it includes and downloads songs that I have not selected.

Marked as solution

Oh, I'm sorry. I was thinking you were a free user for some reason. There is an option in spotify's settings enigmatically called "autoplay" which is enabled by default. Turning it off should prevent tracks being added to your playlists. 

Apologies for my confusion.

Thanks.

Suggested posts