Update June'19: Songs/album likes as a different thing

Update June'19: Songs/album likes as a different thing

flopeks
Casual Listener

One thing I just noticed is that I can set an album as a favourite without marking the songs. This is a BIG change for me because you can like an album as a whole but not necessarily all it's songs (for playing in a random list, for example).

Did they have this in previus updates or is it new?

Does marking an album as favourite without it songs count towards de 10,000 song limit?

3 Replies

Re: Update June'19: Songs/album likes as a different thing

duginov
Casual Listener

They say the limit is still 10,000 items one album count as 1 item (previosely if you add an album it was 1+number of tracks in the album). However it looks like now you cannot shuffle-play songs from those newly saved albums, they don't appear under "liked songs". Not really an improvement from my standpoint.

flopeks
Casual Listener

I guess it depends on the way each of us listen to music. I actually think it contemplates both. You can mark an album as a favourite and at the same time all their songs or a subset of them. When I want to shuffle-listen to a random list of my favorite songs, I want to play only the ones I really like.
Different thing is when I look for an album to listen to and I want to experience the whole work, including the parts that individually I'm not passionate about but that belong to the album unequivocally as a conceptual whole.

quote089
Casual Listener

I actually hate this new change - a lot, and consider moving to other platforms because of it.

My usual way is to save an album, then possibly remove some songs I don't like and listen to it from albums tab. Now when I "unlike" the songs they stay in that album. It's clumbersome for me to look for the songs in "liked songs" list and I can't imagine making a playlist for every album that I only partially listen to.

I'd really like to see the option for making it as it was last month.

SUGGESTED POSTS