Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Note 9 spotify starts at the end of a call

Just upgraded from an S7 edge to a Note 9, as soon as spotify was installed it started launching at the end of every call and it's driving me round the bend, my wife has a Note 9 too and is having the same issue, I thought this had long since been re...

• Just upgraded from an S7 edge to a Note 9, as soon as spotify was installed it started launching at the end of every call and it's driving me round the bend, my wife has a Note 9 too and is having th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting stuck when using bluetooth in car.

I have a premium plan and I am using a Samsung galaxy S9+ with the latest firmware. I connect to my 2013 Ford Explorer via bluetooth. I have steering wheel controls for volume and skipping. When it first starts streaming everything is fine but after ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium plan and I am using a Samsung galaxy S9+ with the latest firmware.  I connect to my 2013 Ford Explorer via bluetooth.  I have steering wheel controls for volume and skippin...
  • Maccle
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Missing Repeat button

Recently downloaded spotify and I love it, but I noticed that the andriod app on my chromebook is different than the one on my Moto 6 play in that there is no repeat single track button. I've looked around and it sttaes to look inside the ... Of the ...

• Recently downloaded spotify and I love it, but I noticed that the andriod app on my chromebook is different than the one on my Moto 6 play in that there is no repeat single track button. I've looked ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • repeat
    Repeat one
    Troubleshooting
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't use the lock feature for my Huawei mate 20 Lite

I just can't use the lock feature for playing and pause music. I tried everything. It's realy irritating me. I just got my phone since 4 days o I just installed spotify so I dont think its necessary to download spotify again.. Can someone help me. Pr...

• I just can't use the lock feature for playing and pause music. I tried everything. It's realy irritating me. I just got my phone since 4 days o I just installed spotify so I dont think its necessary ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Now playing new UI

PlanPremiumCountryGreeceDeviceNokia 7 plusOperating System Android 9.0My Question or IssueI haven't,yet, the new UI of now playing screen,as seen in the attached screenshot.

• Plan Premium Country Greece Device Nokia 7 plus Operating System  Android 9.0 My Question or Issue I haven't,yet, the new UI of  now playing screen,as seen in the attached screensh...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Riverdale soundtrack not available on Spotify app

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceSamsung galaxy J6 Operating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or IssueHey, I just wanted you to know that none of the songs from Riverdale (The CW show) are available for access on the app in India. It'll be really helpful if yo...

• Plan Free Country India Device Samsung galaxy J6  Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue Hey, I just wanted you to know that none of the songs from Riverdale (The CW sh...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Constantly looses conenction when playing over any other device

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDevice :Pixel 3Operating SystemLatest android My Question or Issue1 or 2 songs on other device and I need to relaunch the app to control it again , this is annoying as **bleep** .

• Plan Premium Country Israel Device : Pixel 3 Operating System Latest android   My Question or Issue 1 or 2 songs on other device and I need to relaunch the app to control it again , th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Radio not endless any more

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceGalaxy S7 & DesktopOperating SystemLineageOS 15.1 & Ubuntu 18.10 My Question or IssueWhen reaching the end of a radio playlist, usually new tracks would load. This is not the case any more.

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Galaxy S7 & Desktop Operating System LineageOS 15.1 & Ubuntu 18.10   My Question or Issue When reaching the end of a radio playlist, usually...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

artist bio

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceMoto G5s PlusOperating SystemAndroid 8.1.0 OreoMy Question or IssueThe Artist Bio feature is unavailable on my phone, but works on my PC. In the android app, a part of the Bio shows at the bottom on swiping up on a currently...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country India Device Moto G5s Plus Operating System Android 8.1.0 Oreo My Question or Issue The Artist Bio feature is unavailable on my phone, but works on my PC. In the android ap...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My downloaded albums tab won't load

My Question or IssueWhen I open the tab to go to my albums I get the loading animation, and then it forces closed... if it helps I just upgraded to an S10. Never had this issue before.

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue When I open the tab to go to my albums I get the loading animation, and then it forces closed... if it helps I just upgraded to an S10. Never had this issue before.  
  • Ant_the_human
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't change storage V8.4.97

PlanPremiumCountryMexicoDeviceMoto G4Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI'm trying to change the storage option but doesn't appear the option, just appears label Storage

•   Plan Premium Country Mexico Device Moto G4 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I'm trying to change the storage option but doesn't appear the option, just appears l...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded songs gone after update and cannot change download location (SD)

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLG Stylo 2Operating SystemAndroid Marshmellow 6.0.1My Question or IssueA new Spotify update came out for Android and when I looked at my music after the update, all of the downloaded tracks were not downloaded anymore, and ...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device LG Stylo 2 Operating System Android Marshmellow 6.0.1 My Question or Issue A new Spotify update came out for Android and when I looked at my music after t...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Album Art Not Showing

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Note 8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueWhen listening to music, I've noticed that album art doesn't seem to show up, mostly when viewing the player itself where the album art is actually la...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Note 8 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue When listening to music, I've noticed that album art doesn't seem to show ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android 9 problems

PlanPremiumCountry Device Samsung Galaxy S9+Operating System Android 9 My Question or Issue Since the update to Android 9, the app randomly shutdown, background commands especially on Bluetooth device don't work and every time i restart the phone the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device  Samsung Galaxy S9+ Operating System  Android 9   My Question or Issue  Since the update to Android 9, the app randomly shutdown, back...
  • AnthonyCa
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 9 likes

[Android] Display form "Date of birth" need to resize for mini lcd

Hy,when i create a new account on the form "Date of birth" there is excessive margin of bellow this image : i used screen 480x320 pixelsSpotify app version : 8.4.39.673Android Version : Oreoplease advice.Thanks,Deditian

isue spotify.jpeg
  • Hy, when i create a new account on the form "Date of birth" there is excessive margin of bellow this image :                   i u...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Favorite/Liked Songs not syncing to phone.

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceGalaxy Note 5Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 Nougat My Question or IssueI have more music saved(liked/favorited) on my desktop app, but they are not showing up in the "Liked Songs" playlist on my Note 5 Mobile app. I'...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Galaxy Note 5 Operating System Android 7.0 Nougat   My Question or Issue I have more music saved(liked/favorited) on my desktop app, but ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution A way to automatically turn Spotify off after some time?

Is there any way, and if not - is there any official wishlist thread - so I could make Spotify stop playing music after some time (say: 2 hours)? Reason is very simple - I tend to play music when going to sleep, and it would be great if it stopped af...

• Gig Goer
  • Is there any way, and if not - is there any official wishlist thread - so I could make Spotify stop playing music after some time (say: 2 hours)?   Reason is very simple - I tend to play mus...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 20 replies
  • 52 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 52 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No audio over Bluetooth in car - song "plays" but no sound?

Hi everyone, I just installed Spotify (the new version with the UI overhaul) on my HTC Droid Incredible 2 Android smartphone (running 2.3.4). The app works great with headphones, but when I tried using the app in my car with my phone paired to the ca...

• Regular
  • Hi everyone,   I just installed Spotify (the new version with the UI overhaul) on my HTC Droid Incredible 2 Android smartphone (running 2.3.4). The app works great with headphones, but when ...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 61 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 61 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Tinder won't link to account

So, I go to Edit Profile. Click the "Add to my account/Link to tinder". It goes to a loading wheel for a few seconds, and then a blank white screen forever.

• Regular
  • So, I go to Edit Profile. Click the "Add to my account/Link to tinder". It goes to a loading wheel for a few seconds, and then a blank white screen forever.
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Tinder
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes

Stop android push notifications when music is played on another device.

Receiving constant push notifications on Android device when music is being played on home computer. I don't want to disable notifications entirely because I want to be able to use them when the music is being played on my phone but I don't want cons...

Screenshot_20190325-093554.png
  • Receiving constant push notifications on Android device when music is being played on home computer.  I don't want to disable notifications entirely because I want to be able to use them when&n...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Alexa
    Android
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes