Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Updated Samsung Galaxy 6 - WONT PLAY NEXT SONG AUTOMATICALLY

Updated Samsung Galaxy 6 - WONT PLAY NEXT SONG AUTOMATICALLY

Did a software update on samsung galaxy 6 and now Spotify wont automatically play the next song only on my phone, tried clean re-install...

3 Replies

Disable the power saving feature in your phone settings.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Tried diabling power saving, tried clean reinstall, tried resetting the phone and still the same.
Will play fine while the app is open but when the screen locks or I go off the app spotify gets to the end of the current song then stops.
As soon as I unlock the screen or return to the app the next song starts without me needing to press play.
I'm paying for premium but seems a waste of money if I have to keep my phone unlocked whilst listening

@Rob851 wrote:
Tried diabling power saving, tried clean reinstall, tried resetting the phone and still the same.
Will play fine while the app is open but when the screen locks or I go off the app spotify gets to the end of the current song then stops.
As soon as I unlock the screen or return to the app the next song starts without me needing to press play.
I'm paying for premium but seems a waste of money if I have to keep my phone unlocked whilst listening

Hi there, the app does not close itself. There must be something on your phone doing it... for a lot of Samsung users this is the power saver Samsung have put into the system whicvh is disabled byu going to the 'Power' section of the Android settings.

Check to see if you've insatlled any other cache/RAM cleaning apps as these are most likely the cause.

lastly - try a clean install; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts