Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Updated Spotify App for Android: Do I have to Re-download all downloaded playlists?

Updated Spotify App for Android: Do I have to Re-download all downloaded playlists?

I just downloaded/replaced the new Spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S3. It looks like all my previously downloaded playlists are not available offline anymore. Do I have to re-download all of them on the phone?

6 Replies

Unfortunately yes. Have a read here for more details:

https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/downloading-android-update

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I uninstalled the old app and am redownloading my songs, but are the old files from old app still located on my memory?

The new app should of removed them as far as I am aware. It might be worth using File Explorer or something to remove the old folders if they are sticking around.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am traveling until the end of the summer. Is there any way to avoid re-downloading? Impossible while roaming

Unfortunately, there's no way around redownloading them.
dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

By the way, I just checked on mine with a file explorer, and it looks like the old cached files did stay behind. I just deleted them and freed up a lot of space. Everything seems to be in working order. The folder that needs to be preserved in Android/data for the new app is com.spotify.music.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts