Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Updating my Galaxy S3

Updating my Galaxy S3

Hi Spotify,

I have a premium account and every time I update Spotify on mt Galaxy S3, I loose all my downloaded music!! I then have to re sync my device and download it all again!!

Why is this happening???

Regards

Mark

3 Replies

Hi there! That's weird...is it possible that you have two accounts and when you connect, Spotify is trying to connect to the other account?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hi There,

No, I only have one account. Every time I up date spotify on my android I loose all the downloaded music and I have to download it all again. So apart from paying for data to do the update, I have to pay for the downlaod for the music again!! Not Happy!!!

Hi,

Can you try to completely reset your installation by following the instructions posted in my signature. I have a feeling some of your config files are correupt. I'd suggest a complete removal then re-installation and hopefully going forwards it should retain your DL music.

Also, a long-shot but do you have some form of cleaning app installed? Something may be detecting the app has been uninstalled (part of the uninstall/install update process) and is clearing the data automatically? I know things like Clean Master have a lot of autmoation features, it may be you have to whitelist the 'Andoid/Data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui' folder which contains the downloaded content.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts