Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S21

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I no longer have access to the voice search feature in my app (when in car mode or not). I used to have a little microphone icon pop up when I searched for music, but I don't see that anymore. I checked everything I could think of - the feature is turned on in the settings, the app has permission to use my microphone, and I have the latest versions for phone software and the spotify app. Any ideas on how to get this feature functioning again? It makes it pretty difficult and dangerous to search for new music while in my car without it. 

8 Replies

What happened to the microphone icon for voice search? Now all I see is a QR code icon. How can I get it back? I don't see options in settings 

Hi there @Amarr and @Cwest66,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. 

At Spotify, we’re always working to deliver features that our users love. In order to make way for future innovations, we will be removing the current “Hey Spotify” voice feature within our app. Users will be able to easily access other voice assistants from our integrated partners on their mobile devices. For more information visit our support pages.

We hope that this cleared things up. Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Have a great Friday and start of your weekend 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

It did not make things easier. How does removing voice control through the app easier for people who want/need hands free for convenience? Driving. At a party etc. 

So, you expect users to type what they're looking for...while driving???  Surely, I am missing something here.

🗣WE WANT IT BACK!!! I've been trying to figure out how to use a voice feature for THEE LONGEST SMH That feature was very useful when I wanted to change music in app while driving... if the ppl are asking/looking for it we obviously found it useful...Now tell them to put it back😒

Please consider the disabled. I'm legally blind and use voice search all of the time.

Hey @sryrs,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! 🙂
There's a Live Idea we have on the forum that may spark your interest.
If you feel like it, you may leave your vote for it and share it around - the more votes it gathers, the better its chances for implementation 🙌🏼
Much appreciated!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm sick of these companies taken away my options. and calling it convenience. They're not going to fix it. And there's no Future innovations coming...and only way we're We're going to change their policies by deleting their apps and canceling our accounts. And if enough people do that, they'll start to get the message... Especially when you start cutting into their profit. Anything short of that they don't care.

Suggested posts